Chapter Nine*

Althea Williams POV

Sitting up from my seat, I rushed over to the back doors of the cafeteria. Once I was outside and underneath the warm sun, I made sure that no humans were around. When I was positive the cost was clear, I rushed to were Jake was.

The air was ruffling my hair as I ran my hardest to where I saw him, a smile on my face as I did so. My surroundings turned into blurs as I ran, the tall, dark forest trees were mingling into one. It was a beautiful sight that I was growing accustomed to.

When I arrived to where I last saw him, I looked around to find him. But he wasn't in my sight, and with that thought, my heart and knees sunk into the earth beneath me.

A second later, the wind blew by me and I caught a scent. I immediately knew it was him by the way it smelt masculine with a hint of sweet honey. I could feel tears well in my eyes at the thought of my Jake being okay.

"Jake." I yelled out. I jumped up from the ground and followed the scent for a few miles before I came across a marking in a tree.

Jogging over, I looked at the tree closely and gasped at the marking.

'I've missed you, Thea. I'll see you soon.

- Jake.xx'

A traitorous tear leaked down my face. He was back, and I was clueless to how I was supposed to feel. I was extremely happy and excited to know he was okay, but I didn't feel the need to rush into his arms like I expected to.

I stayed out in the forest for at least an hour before somebody found me.

That somebody was Dante.

When he noticed me curled up on the ground, he wasted no time coming to my aid. Wrapping his strong and warm arms around my body, he cradled me to his chest and whispered soothing words.

"What happened?" Dante asked soothingly.

"It's Jake, he's back."

"Oh." Dante whispered. I raised my head and stared at the man in front of me. His black hair fell in front of his electric blue eyes, which where hooded and guarded.

'Oh no.' Alteya whispered at the back of my mind.

'What's happened?' I asked softly asked her.

'Dante and his wolf are sad.' She answered back quietly.

'Why?'

'They think we love Jake.'

~*~

Dante had taken me home after that. We had said a few departing words before he claimed that he had to go home. I was a little sad that our plans weren't going to happen today, and I knew that it was mostly my fault.

Dante and his wolf were sad because they saw the way we reacted to Jake being alive. We were incredibly happy, but not the way we would've been four months ago.

It was sad to admit that a lot has changed since I lost Jake — my feelings especially. I had only been back in Big Sur for a couple of days, and because of this I knew that my feelings had been changing before that. I just didn't notice it.

I liked to believe that because I fell in love so slowly with Jake, that I would fall out of love with him quickly. But I knew deep, deep down there would always be a soft spot for him. He was my first everything, and those thoughts won't leave as quickly as my feelings did.

I made my way into my bedroom, chucking my school bag into the wooden floors, creating a thump. I then threw myself onto my bed, sighing as I stared up at the blank ceiling.