Chapter Twenty Three*

Althea Williams POV

I was bed ridden for a week after the fight. On doctors orders and my mums. The rest was voluntary and involuntary, I used the time wisely and thought over the last few years. I'd met somebody and had recklessly fallen in love, we had nothing but happy memories until a week ago. My best friend was raped and dead because of him, and know that knowledge would rest on my shoulders until the time came to tell Gabby.

Jake's family visited me every day, and his little sister Jessie, would constantly ask to be reminded of the happy moments we shared together. Although it was hard to remember the happier times, I knew that Jessie needed to be reminded of the good her brother "had."

And every time I would start to smile as I pondered over our memories, I was reminded about what he had done. The pain became so hard that yesterday while I was talking to his family, I broke down into tears and tried to weep my pain away.

It didn't work.

The pain became stronger and greater, and then mum insisted that I see somebody. Werewolf therapists weren't heard of or common, but there were a few in the city that specialised in that department.

And after everything, mum insisted that I spend a few days in the city away from all the funerals and sadness. I decided that it would be a good idea to help me recover mentally, and Dante followed me to the city.

We were there for two weeks, both feeling rejuvenated and freshly mated. Now, we were (mostly) all smiles and finding peace with the past.

That happiness lasted until I saw Anna. My poor, beautiful sister.

She had been suffering from anxiety and depressing thoughts while I was away. She was extremely malnourished, and badly beaten but had recovered. She was steadily gaining wight and finding happiness with her pregnancy.

Anna was indeed pregnant, no doubt with Jake's children. We were all slowly accepting it, yet it would take me a while to get used to. I told myself every day that I would love my nieces or nephews all the same, but there was still a little doubt.

She was steadily overcoming her anxiety and sadness, with help from her human therapist. Anna had decided it was better to seek help from somebody who would not be biased about the pregnancy, seeing as having a child who does not belong to your mate, is almost an unwritten rule.

Dante's parents had proclaimed that they were ready to move on and pass the pack down to Dante, who accepted his pack with pride. We would be announced Alpha and Luna of his pack in a few weeks.

Dad was still the Alpha of his pack, but said in the next year or two, he would happily pass the pack down to Trent or I. Depending on who will be taking over, it would result in either Trent or I becoming the Alpha of our grandparents pack.

Not long after Dante and I returned from the city, Anna's mate turned up. I was happy until I realised that he was a wanker that had every intention to take me away from my mate and family. Damon was my childhood best friend, who was always there for me when I needed him. He was there when I was born, and growing up, he had been somebody I looked up to.

Now, he was some psychotic bastard who plotted against his own mate and her sister. Let's just say I gave him the biggest ass kicking he'd ever receive.

Trent Williams POV

Recovery and peace was a slow process for everybody after the fight. Thea and Dante left for a few weeks, Anna was seeing a human therapist, and Jake's family was grieving over the son they thought they had.

Anna was slowly finding happiness within her pregnancy, and within a few months, we will be greeting her pup into the world.

Because of Anna's alpha line, and Jake's hybridism, the baby was developing faster then a normal werewolf pregnancy. The duration of the pregnancy would only be between two to three months.

Thea was overly protective of her pregnant sister, and treated her like the finest china. I speculated that because of Liz's birth, and how that ended so fatally, that Althea didn't want the same outcome for her sister.

It was completely understandable seeing as I would be in the same boat if Chloe got pregnant with our pup. I would be over the moon, but insanely protective of my unborn child and mate.

Dante Reed POV

I sat at the desk of my fathers, staring down at the pictures that laid in my hands. They were taken of Jake and Thea, most likely in the earlier and happier stages of their relationship. They looked happy together, almost perfect, and it made both myself and my wolf growl in anger.

And then there were also the pictures of him with several different girls. They were taken at different locations, but most contained pictures of Jake kissing these girls and even some contained him and the girl entering a hotel.

I'd just received the photos two days ago, and still I haven't said a peep about it to anybody else, especially Thea. Attacked to the pictures was a single note reading 'Be grateful. -W'

Unknown POV

I had been tracking Jake down for days now, but with no luck. He left no scent and no tracks. It was like he disappeared off the face of the earth. But I knew where he was, since I saw him with my own eyes just a few hours ago.

Before, when he had been kidnapped by rogues, it had been easy to find him. News spread quickly and soon it found its way into my hands, but unlike last time, he wasn't surrounded by people who would rat him out.

I understood what Althea was going through. I had once been in her position, betrayed by and lied about by the famous Jake Fields. And if it wasn't for Althea's own betrayal against me, I would've helped her capture Jake.

But she's double crossed me one too many times, and as they all say, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

A;N/

Twitter: erato_

Snapchat: erato1389

Instagram: erato1389