Chapter Two*

Althea Williams POV

Two years later.

I stared at my mother and brother, who sat in front of me with a small smile on their faces, hands clasped in their laps. It felt more like a therapy session then a family discussion, but for the past two years that's all I've ever really known. Sympathy for the bullying, for the rejection and for the constant torture and loss I've endured.

Being a hybrid teenager will never be easy.

Turns out, my parents, grandparents and brother had kept a lot from the rest of our family. Me included.

"What's going on Mom?" I asked her as I brushed my blonde hair behind my ear. A charming smile found it's way onto her face as she stood up and sat next to me. Grabbing my hand, she held on tightly. Supporting me.

"With everything going on here, your father and I have come to a mutual decision that it's time we go home."

And there it was, the big bombshell that was just waiting to happen. Over the past two years, my mother made several trips back to my hometown to be with my father. It was difficult being without her mate, but it was also more difficult leaving her slightly depressed and over dramatic eighteen year old daughter with her overprotective brother and understanding, fun grandparents.

"Why?" I demanded. I was slightly angry as I had no intentions to leave here, but knew I had no choice. I had too many ties here. I made friends, I was popular, I had a boyfriend, and a few best friends. I actually had a life here.

"Like I said, it was a mutual decision between your father and I. He misses us dearly, Thea." Mom said softly as she stroked the side of my face.

"I can't just leave everything here, Mom. I have so much I need to figure out, I need to find out what happened to Jake and Gabby." I replied stubbornly. Mom wrapped her arm around my shoulder, pulling me into one of her comforting hugs that almost made everything okay. Almost.

"Baby, I know that you still miss them but you've got to move on sometime. That's what Jake would have wanted." Mum muttered to me as she pressed a soft kiss to my forehead. Forgetting that Trent was sitting in front of me, he sat on the other side of me and wrapped an arm around my waist, leaning his head on my shoulder.

"I am over everything, I just need more time." I begged desperately. Mom looked at me with sympathy, something I was growing to despise.

"It's been three months Thea, you haven't gotten any better." My brother muttered as he hugged me.

"What if Gabby comes back? She's going to need me." I argued. Mom sighed and grabbed my face with her hands, rubbing calming circles on my cheekbones.

"Gabby's not coming back sweetheart. We've looked everywhere, and we haven't found anything linking to her."

I could never forget my two best friends and Gabby. It's been three months, and not a day goes by that I don't think about the three of them.

Jakob Fields and Elizabeth Whitemore.

Jake was the mate I should've had. He was the love of my life, as I was his. He was incredibly sweet, treated me as his princess, even though I literally was. He was everything I had ever wanted. He was a hybrid too, born and raised. He was a strong fighter, one of our strongest until I came along (I'm arrogant, I don't care.)

And then I lost him. Losing him was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through, next to the rejection from my ex-mate.

*FLASHBACK*

"Thea, you know I love you. I would never, ever cheat on you." Jake yelled behind me as I stormed away from him. I was beyond furious that Isabel, a girl who was known for her manipulative lying, sleeping around and bitchiness, told me that her and Jake has slept together. Multiple times.