Chapter Two

Chapter Two: Maggie

Her name is Mandy. Mandy Davis.

Part of the popular group as I have expected, specifically known as The Greasers, notorious in their own way and was a long-term target of Evan to pursue.

They were together for six months, two months into the previous semester before summer had started, as well as three months into the summer vacation and a month into this year now.

Though from what she said, despite being with each other for a stable amount of time, all she had experienced being with him was complete and utter torture.

One that she didn't expect, considering during the first time he had decided to pursue her he was everything a girl wanted. A gentleman, a catch, and the overall full-blown package.

She was enamored instantly and apparently, it didn't take long for them to hit it off, due to how so many people were already pushing them into the idea of being together, and if there's one thing Henderson High students crave, it's an It Couple that they would first anticipate to get together, only to sooner or later want to see fall apart.

Luckily for them, it happened.

I didn't say much as I continued staring down at her as she sat on the chair I had previously claimed and continued to sob in silent contempt, looking anywhere but me nor Levi as if she were ashamed that someone, anyone for that matter, had to see her like this.

But I wasn't going to make her feel guilty for feeling the way she felt. I may not know the entire story, but I wasn't just gonna sit around and see her break down crying like this.

"It's okay if you don't want to..." I addressed as she looked up at me. "But if you wanna talk about it just to get some tension off your shoulders, we're not here to judge you."

She sniffled, playing with her fingers as she took in a deep breath, and quickly exhaled.

"At first, I knew it wasn't right." she began, her voice shaking "To cheat on him with someone so important to him, to ruin such a beautiful friendship that's been around for so long all for a relationship that was bound to end because of how... wrong we were, for each other." 

"But I just felt so used. I know that seems low and petty, to be so spiteful towards a relationship that was doomed right from the start. But six months is long enough for someone to be at the brink of their own madness if they knew what it felt like to be with him."

"Sometimes I blame myself for being fooled by it all, thinking that he was the perfect guy. The one who would finally sweep me off my feet, so impatient to rush into things that I didn't even notice the signs even when they were there, blaring right in front of my face, begging me to be smarter than this, but chivalry seemed a lot more appealing than logic to me at that time."

"I knew that he doesn't have the cleanest record, he's not beloved by everyone, and when you look at him you can't necessarily say he's Prince Charming, he's fallen in and out of things so much for him to earn the image that he has today... but maybe that's what lured me in. Because I'm not necessarily exempt from the scrutiny either, you're attracted to who you are after all."

"At first, I thought we could've saved each other, that I could save him. He had his moments sure, but I was willing to look past that. In my head,  I tried to convince myself that he was much more than just some spoiled, little rich kid who didn't have a good history with his past relationships. He showed sides of him that were different from what people said about him."