Chapter Forty-Eight

Chapter Forty-Eight: Evan

The sound of Colin's obnoxious laughter didn't fail to dampen my mood as I narrowed my eyes at him from where he sat on the living room couch, while Jasper noticed my expression and roughly shoved Colin on my behalf.

As he tipped over the couch and landed on the floor face-first "Hey!" Colin whined.

"Laughing at other people's mishaps doesn't necessarily help them with it, you know." Jasper scolded as Colin merely snorted in response, rising back up to his feet.

"It doesn't but it does make it a lot funnier. You gotta admit what Evan did was pretty fucking stupid." he scorned as I glowered at him.

"It's not! I was just caught up in the moment!" I exclaimed defensively.

"Yeah sure, and you wasted a good week's worth of trying to plan how you were gonna ask Maggie out because you couldn't help your pubescent jealousy from showing."

"It's not my fault Levi has a punchable face," I grunted, crossing my arms over my chest as I slumped back against the chair I was seated on.

"Plus it's not like I lost anything by failing miserably at first because in the end, I still managed to ask her out and she said yes," I boasted, grinning victoriously at the memory.

I recalled the exact moment when that profound look in Maggie's eyes appeared as soon as she found out I was meaning to ask her out all this time, giving me the confirmation I needed that she was just waiting on me like I wanted her to.

As well as how her face lit up when she said yes and how I felt like I was on cloud nine because we're finally here, the moment I've been waiting for where we're only a couple of stages away before we get to make it official.

Where I'll finally be able to ask the question I've been dying to ask since the moment we've acknowledged our feelings for one another.

"God, look at him," Colin said whilst looking at me "He's literally swooning."

The guys laughed at my stupor which caused me to snap out of my haze as I glared at all of them "Shut up! I was just thinking about where I'm gonna take Maggie on our date!"

Trying to come up with ideas of where I was going to take Maggie out somewhat ruined the thrill of it all for me because I was never one to do extravagant dates.

I think the most exciting location I've ever taken any of the girls I've been with was probably the movies, and I can't help but cringe at the thought of doing the same thing to Maggie, just doing the bare minimum and possibly disappointing her when she's clearly anticipating this.

"Don't overthink it, what matters is that it's special and you did your best." Sean chimed in as Colin merely rolled his eyes at the man's suggestion.

"God, Sean, you're so fucking Disney it's actually laughable." he mocked before Sean lifted his leg and aggressively kicked Colin off the couch considering they sat next to each other.

Colin yelped loudly before he turned his head to glower at Sean who was just looking at him with a blank expression "I swear to fucking God if you assholes don't stop-"

"As I was saying," Sean continued, ignoring Colin "Maggie doesn't seem like the type of person to think much about these sorts of things, so there's nothing wrong with bringing her to an expensive location for your first date. But don't overdo it, stick with what you know because if you don't, it'll just seem contrived." he advised as I reconsidered his input.

"I have to go with Sean on this one," Jasper agreed as the others nodded. "You don't have to go all out, as long as you two have a good time, that's what matters."