Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five: Maggie

I don't wanna be cliche, but kissing Evan Williams is the literal definition of something that seems so wrong but feels so right.

With his lips against mine, it felt almost as if time just stood still for both of us, for us to indulge at this moment in all of its tantalizing flaws and risks, for it is exhilarating and raw but at the same time so frail that at any moment, it can just stop.

It was a heaven that was filling up with too much sin.

With my hands on his face and my eyes closed, I connected with Evan in a way I've never been able to before, with us always fighting and arguing, we rarely find ourselves in predicaments that are so intimate and strong.

Let alone kissing one another.

Somehow, despite the act being so simple yet daring, I slowly let myself unravel him in a way I've never been able to before because for once, he wasn't pulling himself back.

He wasn't putting up his usual guarded persona, the one who pushes everyone away and can never let himself experience intimacy. Because for once, I saw sides of him that have always been there but were just too afraid to let themselves show.

Such as his need to always be close even when both he and I are as close as can be, always tugging at my waist and pulling my head down to kiss me much deeper. I discovered that as much as Evan Williams is in denial about the idea he does, in fact, want to be intimate with someone.

He was dominant, rough but at the same time gentle, wanting to gain permission from me first if what he was planning to do was okay, and once I gave him that permission, he went all in.

He doesn't waste time. He knows what he wants, and right now, he wants me.

... But do I? Do I want this?

When the situation finally came to a different light inside my head, the kind that doesn't see it as exhilarating and euphoric anymore but instead, bold and reckless, and how we are literally breaking so many boundaries right now, did the significance of the moment finally dared me to pull away.

We shouldn't be doing this.

Evan was confused as soon as I pulled myself away from him, his eyes turning from utterly dazed to absolutely puzzled, to extremely goddamn mortified. Even he knew it was a mistake.

"D-did I do something?" he stammered "What happened?"

I shook my head, gently pushing him away "N-no, it's not you."

"Then what is it?" he asked, "Is there something wrong-"

"Yes! There is!" I exclaimed, gesturing to us both "This! Right here! This is wrong!"

He blinked at me, the confusion on his face deepening and I only grew excruciatingly frustrated with the way he was unable to understand the point I was trying to get.

"This is wrong, Evan." I pointed it out to him "We shouldn't be kissing because we obviously mistook the feeling of the moment for something else."

"Which is?" his tone was somehow defensive.

I threw my hands up in the air, trying to make it seem as if I knew what I was talking about "I don't know! A sentimental one for sure, but not a romantic one!"

"Is it so hard to believe that it was though?" he ventured, "A romantic tension?"

My eyes widened at his insinuation "You can't be serious, what reason is it for us to feel remotely attracted to one another? We've never had a reason to be intimate!"