Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty: Maggie

"... Maggie? Sweetheart?"

Cracking my eyes open as I adjusted to the blinding light of the room, I rubbed my eyelids despite the deep slumber I was pulled out of, having a hard time trying to adapt to my surroundings and figure out who was the reason why I even woke up in the first place.

But once I got my bearings and took in the sight of Tiffany standing in front of the bed with a smile on her face, did I let the reality of the situation sink in as I tried to properly sit up and acknowledge her. However.

"M-Mhm," a deep groan suddenly rumbled beside me, making me turn my head only to be left utterly mortified as I was greeted with the sight of Evan pulling at my waist, hugging me.

"Evan." I hissed as I tried to shake him awake, feeling the embarrassment kick in "Wake up."

He only grunted some more as I slapped him on his shoulder "Your mother is here, for crying out loud! Let me go."

"No," he whined.

"What do you mean no, you little-"

"It's okay, dear." Tiffany chuckled, amused by her son's stubbornness "Let him sleep, he's had a rough time, and it's obvious you did too, seeing as how you two fell asleep together."

The distinct note of the fact we slept on the same bed crashed down on me like a bucket of ice. I glanced back down at Evan only to see that he has made zero attempts at waking up from his sleep, let alone setting me free from his tight embrace, snoring the day away.

I couldn't help but sigh on the outside, but smile shamelessly on the inside.

I was too busy gazing down at him that I didn't even notice the sound of rustling coming from Tiffany's direction "Here, sweetheart." she said.

I looked back at her to see that she placed a plastic bag of what seemed to be takeout on the chair beside us "Eat while you stay, have you been here long?" she asked.

"I'm not really sure, I arrived here at 8:00 AM," I told her "What time is it?"

She looks down at her wristwatch "1:00 PM."

My eyes widened. "We slept for five hours?"

"Wasn't that long, really." she said, chuckling as she caressed my hair lovingly, "The fact you even came here so early says a lot about your concern for Evan's well-being."

My cheeks heated up at her remark "Well, I was there during the fight so in a way I was too traumatized to even let him out of my sight."

Tiffany grinned, coming over to sit on the edge of the bed with us "Which is understandable, you two have grown incredibly close so seeing you be this worried about him is very endearing. But worry not, we'll make sure whoever did this to him will be held accountable."

"Absolutely,"

Tiffany directs her gaze back at her son, sighing deeply "Though, I am quite confused as to why he keeps dismissing whoever did this to him. He basically told me to inform the school that it was all just a misunderstanding and that suspension is the only punishment he wishes to give them." she looked up at me "Do you happen to know why?"

I slowly nodded my head in confirmation "The thing is Evan wasn't really innocent in the whole situation. He had provoked the guys he got into a fight with back then, and in a way, this was their revenge. I don't condone it especially considering violence doesn't solve anything, but I understand why Evan would be adamant to just let this whole thing go."