Chapter Three

•Edward•
⠀⠀"Bella..." I breathed. The thought of her dying on me made me want to cry and if I could, I would be surrounded by a lake of tears. "No, no, no! There has to be something we can do!" Jasper hollered. He too looked like he wanted to burst into tears. "I am afraid not... All we can do for now is hunt for them," said Carlisle in his classic tone. "Carlisle," pondered Emmett, "I am so sorry, I have literally sent one of your adoptive daughters to her death. This is all my fault." Emmett's face softened into a frown. His thoughts were so loud they were impossible to avoid listening to.

I can't believe I let this happen. My poor Rosalie! I'll never be able to live with myself. If she dies, I am going to jump off a cliff.

⠀⠀ I sighed. This was too much to handle. I ended up storming out of the room, down the stairs and out the huge glass door, all at an inhuman speed. My family did not call me to come back, it was obvious that I was upset and knowing them, they knew to leave me alone.
⠀⠀ Soon enough, I had arrived at the border separating the vampires' territory and the wolves' territory. I took a seat on the small slope that ended the forest. "My Bella will likely die and it's all because of me..." My head was rested in my hands due to stress, frustration, sadness, guilt... Bella, the woman who brought light to my life, the woman who was confident and daring, yet soft and sweet. This extraordinary figure with the most luscious chocolate brown hair and deep brown eyes that could see into the soul that I never believed I had- that one that she brought out of me. That girl would be gone.

⠀⠀ The sun began rising slowly, right behind the hills that were located opposite me still. My un-beating heart ached with pain while my throat grew dry as a desert. Randomly reading the thoughts of Jasper, they were:

I wonder where Edward is... Bella really isn't doing well...

⠀⠀ It was at that moment that I shot up and raced to the house, completely ignoring the scent of the blood of a mountain lion that I would possibly hunt later on for her. Through the forest my feet led me, all the way to Bella.

My Bella.

⠀⠀ Our front door was swung open forcefully and I charged into the house that held my family.

{Authors note: Hello, my lovely readers! I hope you all are enjoying this story so far! Don't forget to check out my Instagram which is @renesmee_33! Thanks, everyone!}