Chapter Twelve

⠀⠀ "Your baby is growing at a rapid pace, and your strong newborn abilities are crushing it. Since your blood is not completely rid of human blood just yet, the blood that's going into their body is too powerful for them that it's beginning to damage their body. The right and left wrists are cracked and the left ankle is swollen. As a result of this, and as a result of the rapid development, it has put a crack in your own right rib and is cutting through your abdomen."
⠀⠀ It took me a moment to process my father-in-law's words. All of this was happening inside me and I never realised it. "I-I... Oh my gosh..." Carlisle gracefully sat down on the soft (too soft for my liking) bed and wrapped an arm round my shoulders. "I'm sorry, Bella. There's nothing I can do and nothing can stop what's happening. Due to the cut through your abdomen, when the time comes for you to go into labour, you will lose all the blood, which will result in you...not making it." "What blood? I'm a vampire?" "You still have human blood lingering in your tissues and it's been the only thing keeping you alive until the change is completely one-hundred percent over."
⠀⠀ I realised that Edward had still been clutching my hand, so I turned to him to catch a glimpse of his reaction. Edward had only been staring at the ground, an unreadable expression held on his face. "Edward...?" I murmured. He gently shook his head and said, "Thanks for letting us know, Carlisle," before helping me up and guiding me out of the room.
⠀⠀ "What was that all about?" My husband and I had made it as far as the landing before he was being questioned. "I'm sorry, I just had to get out of there. That's the room where we were told all the bad news and I never intend on going in there again. Bella, I'm so sorry. I'm not going to be able to live without you..." "Of course you will, Edward. I'm scared, but it'll only make me more scared if I think you aren't going to continue on without me. I thought we had forever, but I was wrong. Only you have forever."
⠀⠀ Edward caressed my neck with his bare hands and ever so slowly leaned in to just barely skim his soft lips right over mine. We were as little as a centimetre away, if either of us moved any further in, a kiss would blossom. That's exactly what I did.
⠀⠀ Our mouths moved in perfect sync, Edward's tongue brushing off the tip of my front teeth carefully, teasing me almost. Instead of going hardcore, the two of us kept the connection soft and sweet. My arms were draped round his broad shoulders while his elbows rested upon my hips, his hands lingering down my lower back.
⠀⠀ "I'm going to miss moments like these," I whispered into his ear. Edward seemed almost saddened at my words and he tightened his grasp around me, like he had that night on Isle Esme. I had to ask, "You seem almost afraid of losing me right here, right now..." "That's because every single moment with you is the most valuable and cherished to me. I need enough to last me a life time." "I love you." "I love you."
⠀⠀ The two of us stayed there, frozen in time, locked into each other by a burning passion of love. He began to affectionately plant kisses along my jawline and all the way down to my collarbone. The moment was pleasant, something I would not forget easily. "I am fearless, as long as I am with you," the words tumbled off my lips like a spell. The truth was, fear really was nothing to me when Edward was around. Yes, I was scared of what was happening. I would never see my mom or Charlie again, Jacob would be so upset and the Cullen's would miss me dearly, I know it. Although, Edward's tight grip around me made me feel euphoric, I could conquer the world.
⠀⠀ Eventually, our kiss was broken and both of us headed down to the kitchen for a snack. Thirst had overpowered us. A tall glass of crimson red beverage was set on the table for me, curtesy of the bronze haired gentleman. We drank in silence until Esme entered the room to inform me that she had run a warm bath for me. "Thank you, Esme," I replied. Sadly and stubbornly, Edward was left alone, his only company being his reflection in his glass. There was only one benefit of leaving him alone- Edward needed time to himself to think.

{Author's note: Oooh! Bella and Edward got their bad news! How do you think it'll go? I finally got a private minute to upload a new chapter! I've been travelling lately and since my writing and accounts are kept a secret, I had to find some time when I could upload a chapter! I've got to go now, but I'll see you later! Have a nice day!}