Chapter Five

•Edward•

⠀⠀ The bubbling noises of a babbling brook sounded as Carlisle, Emmett, Jasper and I began nearing the stream, it was located right off our house, through the woods for a kilometre and down a large hill covered in fresh green grass.
⠀⠀ "Shhh!" Croaked Carlisle, coming to a halt and signalling his adoptive sons, including me, to listen to the sounds of nature. My overly sensitive ears picked up a sound. A sound so familiar to my system that I could go identify the audio within a human heart beat. "A sleuth of bears, black, by the sounds of it." Carlisle's lips curled up into a mischievous form of a grin. Our group began racing again, enormous and tall trees passed in a blur.
⠀⠀ The green of the moss on the trees and surrounding rocks, the dark, yet typical grey colour of the Fork's sky and the heavy sable, auburn tint of the soil and wood chips plastering the forest floor diluted together, blurring my vision. Finally, about three huge black bears came into view, each of them casually and slowly strolling around a small open area. Luscious green covered that particular area, the trees lingered overhead, blocking out the sky entirely.
⠀⠀ "Get ready, gentlemen," instructed Carlisle, a cheeky smirk constructed on his face. All was silent. At just the perfect moment, my brothers, father and I leapt out from behind a large boulder we had hid behind and with great force, tackled the animals to their death.

•Bella•

⠀⠀ Esme, my mother in law, was upstairs doing who knows what, so it was my decision to question my sisters, Alice and Rosalie.
"Guys," my voice came out croaky and raspy, surprising me. It sounded as if I had not spoken in days, when in reality, I had had a conversation with my husband only ten minutes ago. The two figures stared up at me in wonder, curiosity clouding their expressions.
⠀⠀ I traced the lines on the armrest of the black leather couch I was seated back on with my index finger. I became very, very anxious. "What do you think...about all this?" I watched as both of them slouched in their place. Rosalie released a heavy sigh, Alice just shook her head.
⠀⠀ "I'm scared, Bella," admitted Alice. "Vampires are not supposed to die. There is a large percentage chance that neither of us will make it through. I don't want to leave. I do not choose to leave the life I've created..." "I thought we would have forever- Emmett and I. I thought that whatever crossed our path, we could make it through. I thought wrong."
⠀⠀ "Besides the fact that this event may cause us death," I rambled, "I'm more worried about Edward, Jasper and Emmett. Edward told me they've been blaming themselves for our medical problems which isn't right. Mentally, they are punishing themselves." We exchanged glances, sorrow obvious in our eyes.

{Authors note: Heya! How are you all? I just got back from school and I have decided to post a chapter before I start my boring homework! Pray for me, haha! Anyway, I really want you guys to be enjoying this story so please vote and comment! Shoutout to my awesome friend _maccake_ for always voting for me on here and liking/commenting on my Instagram, @renesmee_33! That girl is the best, thank you _maccake_! Have a nice day, everyone!}