Chapter Fourteen

⠀⠀ Four days later, our baby girl began to kick, resulting in immense pain. Lately, I had enjoyed being in my own company or with Edward, not with many other people. One night, while everybody else was busy with something, my feet somehow led me to the room we shared. The familiar pale blue walls welcomed me in. Memories, both young and old, replayed before my eyes, all from this room.
⠀⠀ There was the first time I had seen Edward's room, back when my move to Forks was only recent. Then, when the two of us shared passionate nights, like the night that changed my life. Endless mornings full of sweet kisses, on-going evenings consisting of Edward executing his God given talent of the piano.
⠀⠀ This room held many memories, all of which were impossible to forget. Every single one I could gladly recall. Hesitating a little bit at first, my body swayed over towards the shelf where the CD player was perched neatly on the clean wood. Pressing the PLAY button ever so gently, a domestic melody began filling the room, echoing off the walls.
⠀⠀ "Clair de Lune is great," said a voice from behind me. Edward was exposed wearing his classic crooked grin, a beverage in hand. He set it down on the desk and silently waltzed towards me. "I'm surprised you remember that," I added, thinking back to the day when we stood exactly where we are now, Edward gently lifting me to stand in his feet after my confession of not being able to dance.
⠀⠀ "I remember everything, especially the things you say and do." "You know, dancing is still a challenge to me," Edward was reaching for my hands that stubbornly stuck to my sides. "Hm..." He huffed. "Well, I could always make you..." It was almost as if that one night was replaying again. Well, despite my pregnancy. It only forced me to wish that things were back to the way they were before.
⠀⠀ My husband extremely gently hauled me onto his feet and swayed around the room slowly. My arms snaked round his neck tightly, while my conscience instructed me to have more trust in him. It disgusted me how, even just for a split second, my faith in Edward vanished. Disappointed in myself, I adverted my eyes downwards.
⠀⠀ Soon, as in a matter of minutes later, both of us stopped dancing as charming, polite and overall extraordinary Edward reminded himself of his intentions. "I brought you up something to drink and I wanted to ask you a question..." His sentence trailed off into a silence so loud it was defeating. "I know what it is. What should we call our daughter?" "Even if she's not born, she should still have a name that we can remember her by."
⠀⠀ A long list of names was made. Some of them were suggested by Edward, some of them by myself. "I like Sadie or Clair," he suggested. "Or Céilí or Esme..." I continued on. "Well, Reneè is nice too, both our mothers have pretty names!" Winked the dashing vampire. "Hm..." We thought long and hard. After considering Madison, Marie, Lyla, Charlotte, Edyth and Eilis, Edward and I finally made a decision."
⠀⠀ "I like the name we've picked," he beamed. You could tell by his natural smile that he meant it. "I do too. Should we tell anyone?" "I don't think so, it will be a nice surprise. Only if you want to keep it quiet, that is. You are the one carrying her." "A surprise sounds good to me! I never imagined I would be sitting here right now, thinking up baby names. It just seemed so unrealistic in my head, but now we've got it al sorted out." A smile crawled up on my face, and there was no hiding it.
⠀⠀ A little while passed before Edward exited the room, heading downstairs to check if Esme needed a hand with the housework. That left my unborn baby and I alone. "You know, little miss, you are causing me quite the work. I can barely stand up for more than five minutes thanks to you!" A chuckle arose from my lungs. Partly at what I had said, and partly because of who I had said it too.
⠀⠀ "We love you so, so much and even if I do not make it, I want you to live. Edward will take care of you and give everything you need." A single lock of my mahogany brown hair slipped off my shoulder and dangled freely in front of my face. "I wonder what you're going to look like. Hopefully you will have Edward's smile, it's charming. Maybe, just maybe, you may have my eyes. That would make me so happy!"
⠀⠀ I tucked the stray lock back behind my ear and let out a long sigh. Silently, my eyes closed as a quiet prayed chanted away in my mind. Praying was my last resort, my last hope.

{Author's note: Hey, guys! Here, Bella had a little moment with her baby, and I think that's really cute! What do you think? Please vote and comment! Hope you're enjoying the story! Thanks to those who have been voting!}