Chapter Twenty-seven

⠀⠀ Renesmee was fast growing. After only two weeks of life our daughter had developed the physique of a four year old. Edward was in the living room with her one typically cloudy afternoon while I endlessly chatted to Jacob on the phone. "You know, you should come up to our place sometime, Renesmee loves playing with you and it would be great to catch up!" "That would be nice, if only I could escape the reservation for a few hours..."
⠀⠀ "Escape?" "Some cousins from Seattle have been staying over with us and..." His voice trailed off and I could almost visualise him scanning his surroundings to make sure nobody was eavesdropping. "They are all so annoying! Two of them are nine, both of them boys, and all they do is follow the pack and I around and ask stupid questions like why our fur is the colour it is when we phase! There are four girls, all aged between eight and ten. They are like Leah's groupie, clinging to her and begging her for advice about their 'relationships'?!"
⠀⠀ Jacob was chuckling now, lightning the mood a little. "Sounds exciting...?" I laughed, playing with the tassel of the purple and green silk cushion on the bed Edward and I shared. "Seriously, though, my Dad always says the same thing when we complain- that the boys look up to us because we're older and have the ability to go into wolf form when none of our cousins do. It makes sense, don't you think?"
⠀⠀ "Aw, that's crazy cute. Yeah, it makes sense that they look up to you and the pack for those reasons. As for the girls," my weight was balanced on my feet as they somehow led me across the medium sized room to retrieve my beverage from the tiny ranch wood round table. "My friends and I used to be like that with the older girls in the school when we were their age. Minus the relationship problems, though. We were too good for the boys in our grade!" Another sweet laugh met my ear as Jacob comprehended my tale.
⠀⠀ I returned to the bed and reclaimed my spot, an obvious indent had been made in the blanket due to my butt being there for an hour. "As interesting as that sounds, I'd better go. One of the boys is nagging me to answer more stupid and pointless questions. Bye, Bella!" "Have fun!" "Unlikely." With that, the line was cut off. A long sigh escaped my lips as my phone was chucked down to the end of the big bed. As little as a minute passed before my name was hollered from downstairs.
⠀⠀"Bella!" The voice yelled. "Come down here, please! We have something to show you!" I hauled myself up from the indented bed and followed the sound of Rosalie's sweet, angelic voice until I reached the middle floor. "Hey, Bella," winked a very excited looking Edward from the couch. "We have something very exciting to show you." Rosalie and Emmett sat with their daughter on one couch, Alice and Jasper stayed with Jasper-Lisle on another and my dashing husband held our Renesmee in the armchair.
⠀⠀ Venus and Jasper-Lisle also had the physique of three year olds, given all three of the cousins were delivered within the same day. I took a seat in the black beanbag next to the armchair and gazed into the golden eyes of Edward Cullen. "What is it?" His crooked grin made an appearance briefly before turning towards the baby he held ever so protectively in his arms. She now had golden eyes identical in colour to her father's and her bronze locks were tied back into a high ponytail.
⠀⠀ "Renesmee, can you say what you said a minute ago again, please? So mommy can hear?" The child seemed to be listening intently to her father's soothing tone. "I...love...Dada!" She stammered as young children do. My mind went blank. I was astonished! Edward held a victorious and smug smirk on his face, peeking at me from the corners of his eyes. "Whoa, I can't believe she said that!" I gasped. I then decided to have a bit of fun with it. "Renesmee, mommy is so much cooler than daddy!" My eyes did a big roll as everyone in the room fell into a fit of laughter.

{Author's note: Morning, everyone! How did you like this chapter? I think the last part is funny about Bella saying she's much cooler than Edward! I won't be on much today at all because I have to go to a communion (it's a thing people of my religion make at a certain age). Ok, well that's all for now, enjoy the chapter and stay tuned for next week's!}