Chapter Twenty-nine

⠀⠀ It wasn't long before Edward suggested something to me that I had never thought of. "We need to enroll Renesmee in a preschool, for now at least," he'd reminded me. I swirled a piece of hair between my fingers, processing his words. "You're right, Edward. What about the one on Forks Avenue, it's just off the 101 road?"

He thought for a moment, considering it.

"Sounds like a plan!"
⠀⠀ A week later, Edward and I found ourselves walking the ten minutes to the new preschool with Emmett, Rosalie, Venus, Alice, Jasper and Jasper-Lisle strolling along with us. All of the children would be starting at preschool together today. Everyone seemed ecstatic, except for Rosalie, who looked glum and blue. "Is something bothering you?" "I don't think you'd understand, Bella." "Try me."
⠀⠀ "I'm scared," she whispered so low that not even the other vampires could hear. "I'm scared that Venus won't be comfortable in preschool. She's been acting strange lately, not being polite or cleaning up her toys... I feel like something is wrong with her, but whenever I ask, she turns away without saying a word." "Rosalie, it's natural to feel scared for your child. You're a mother now- it's part of the job. Venus will be fine! She has Renesmee and Jasper-Lisle to play with if she's feeling lonely and it's only for a few hours."
⠀⠀ A small smile faltered upon my sister-in-law's face. "I should thank you, Bella. I've always been so cold towards you, but you've always been so sweet to me, and now you're having your daughter be sweet to my daughter too. Thank you, Emmett and I really appreciate it." "I wouldn't stand for Renesmee doing any less than being kind to her cousins. As for you, I've always been aware that deep down, you do love me," I winked charmingly. Rosalie chuckled and turned to catch sight of her daughter, niece and nephew.
⠀⠀ "They're beautiful, aren't they? The children," she slowly admitted, admiring them dance down the sidewalk. Renesmee was dressed in a hot pink jumper, blue denim jeans, a cream coloured coat with brown spruce buttons to match her brown boots. Her bronze hair dangled in loose curls on her shoulders. Jasper-Lisle was casually dressed in a black t-shirt with the word "wonder" written across it in white, white jeans, a black coat topped off with some black and white converse. His outfit seemed to compliment his strawberry-blond hair, which he inherited from his father. Venus wore a purple top that pulled in at the waist and had a wave going out from there, black leggings, a black coat with a similar style to Renesmee's and some basic flats that matched the shade of her top. Her blond hair fell freely down her back. Venus was the tallest of the three.
⠀⠀ "They really are," I sighed with happiness. The three playful kids seemed to be enjoying a game of tag, dancing up and down the sidewalk and chasing each other. Much too soon, the preschool building began to slip into view. It was painted a bright yellow colour with a big sign hanging down one of the walls. "Children are the future" was written in a curly, cute script on it. The building much reminded me of the preschool Reneè had enrolled me in when I was an infant, with the square glass windows and slide doors.
⠀⠀ A kind looking lady had come to meet us by the door by the time we had covered the distance to reach the entrance. "Hi!" She chirped enthusiastically. "You must be the Cullens?" Alice was the first to speak among our huddle. "Yes, we're the Cullens! I'm Alice, this is Jasper, Emmett, Rosalie, Edward and Bella!" "It's so nice to meet you all. My name is Tracy! These little angels must be Venus, Jasper-Lisle and Renesmee!" The young woman that looked about twenty-two bent down to the children as they nodded proudly. "Hi, guys, I'm Tracy, and I'll be hanging out with you today!" Each of the kids received a high-five. Tracy seemed like a lovely lady.
⠀⠀ We were told to follow her inside so we trailed behind her in a whirlwind of her long coffee-brown locks. She went behind the desk to grab some final papers we had to sign while each couple warned their kids, Edward and I included. "Now, Renesmee, no biting, ok? You know we're different and we have to be careful. Got it?" Whispered Edward. Our daughter silently nodded. Renesmee wasn't a very verbal being.
⠀⠀ Tracy returned with a few papers in hand and handed us all one each along with a black pen. Finally, once the signing was finished, we were forced to say goodbye to our offsprings. "Bye, honey! Be good!" I kissed Renesmee's forehead. She waved goodbye from the door, still without saying a word.

{Author's note: Happy Saturday! I'm not in the library right now because nobody in my house is up yet so nobody would catch me on this account! So, how did you like this chapter? I'm so sad to say that this is the second last chapter... Please comment some feedback, I'd love to hear you guys! If you go into google maps, there actually is a preschool just off the 101 road... Anyway, enjoy the chapter and have an awesome Saturday!}