Chapter Seventeen

⠀⠀ Painful cries could be heard from next door, making the rest of us shudder in fear for our loved Rosalie. "Do you think it'll be a boy or a girl?" Wondered Esme out loud, breaking the silence. "I'll bet five dollars on a boy!" Challenged Jasper, smirking. "You're on, Whitlock! I think it'll be a girl!" Mused the kind hearted, yet playful, man beside me.
⠀⠀ Many more trepidatious moment slithered by, moments filled with nothing but pure silence, except for the occasional cry of pain from Rosalie. After what felt like a decade, the painful crying stopped, and was replaced by a much higher pitched whine. Carlisle immediately rushed into our room, excited beyond description.
⠀⠀ "The delivery was a success!" He hollered. Everybody leapt up and danced around the room, screaming,hugging, squealing and yelling. Carlisle exited the room for a mere second and the words, "Are you ready for visitors?" could be heard. He then popped his back round the door and smiled, "You can come in and see them now!"
⠀⠀ Although Rose and I rarely got along, for her own sake and Emmett's, relief flooded through my body at the fact that she and her child had made it. One by one, our group left Alice and Jasper's colourful themed bedroom and entered Carlisle's office. Right there, sitting in the blue covered bed, was my beyond beautiful sister-in-law with a small baby wrapped in a blanket in her arms. Emmett stood protectively over their shoulders.
⠀⠀ Esme, Jasper and Alice rushed over to Rosalie, giving her hugs and kisses and throwing around "Congratulations!". Despite vampires not having the ability to shed tears, she looked as if she would've been in an ocean of them. Edward and I headed over to Emmett first, who was receiving no attention. "Congratulations, Bro!" My husband playfully punched the dark haired fellow's shoulder. "So, you're a father now, huh?" "Yeah, yeah, I guess I am..." Cackled Emmett, taking a glance at his young offspring.
⠀⠀ "Congrats, Emmett!" I wrapped my arms around his strong build, and he hugged me back. "Thanks, Bella! It still doesn't exactly seem real to me yet." "Just wait until you have to actually start doing stuff for them, like feeding them, then, trust me, it'll feel real!" Responded Esme with a giggle, coming closer to us. "So, is it a boy or a girl?"
⠀⠀ The whole room went silent. So silent that you could've heard a pin drop. I caught a glimpse of my competitive spouse staring into the eyes of the honey blonde haired man that I called my brother-in-law. This was the defining moment. We had a new addition to our family, and right then we were going to be informed in the gender.
⠀⠀ "It's a..." teased Emmett. He snook a peak at his wife as she nodded, smirking. "Girl!" My heart raced a thousand miles a minute. Esme looked like something had just bitten her backside, Alice and Jasper gasped, Edward jumped up and down, demanding five dollars off his brother and I simply stood there, my mouth hung wide open. "That's amazing!" Answered Esme with great delight.
⠀⠀ "Have you thought of a name yet?" My eyes were open wide with shock and happiness. "Do you want to tell them?" Rosalie had said to Emmett. "Let's tell them together," he replied. They decided on the count of three, their daughter's first name would be revealed. "One, two, three," they chuckled together. "Venus!" "And her middle name is Rose!" Emmett exposed. "So her name is Venus Rose Cullen," Rosalie displayed a smile so huge it looked like her face would crack any second.
⠀⠀ "Venus Rose Cullen... Venus Rose Cullen..." Repeated Alice over and over. "I love it!" Everybody took turns holding their new niece or grandchild. When the small figure was gently passed onto me, my first words were "She's so beautiful, you guys. Your daughter is so beautiful!" "Thank you!" The parents said in unison. She had Rosalie's face shape, but Emmett's eye shape, nose and lips. The first thing that drew me in about Venus Rose Cullen was her spectacular eyes. Her two eyes were an electric seafoam green colour, except for part of her left (it was right from my perspective) eye.
⠀⠀ It looked as if exactly one seventh of her left seafoam green eye was an amethyst shade of purple, going from the pupil through the iris. "Her eyes are..." I breathed, amazed. "Very rare," finished Carlisle. "They will change to golden after the first time she feeds, then they'll go black, like a regular vampire. She's half mortal, half immortal. Her green eyes are part of the mortal side of her, while the purple is just pure luck, even if it doesn't last until after she feeds."
⠀⠀ I handed my new niece over to Edward, still staring into her eyes. "She's beautiful, just like her parents," complimented Esme, taking a seat on the edge of the bed. Rosalie and Emmett grinned, delighted to be parents. Rosalie had forever wanted a baby, but was aware of the impossibility that she believed as true. "So, Venus Rose Cullen was born on the third of February between..." Rose glanced at the clock hung up overhead the door, "one PM and one fifteen!" "Perfect timing," grinned Emmett, resting a hand on his wife's shoulder, touching her for the first time in months.

{Author's note: Hi, guys! Oh my gosh! Rosalie and Emmett's daughter was born! What do you think of her name? I love the name Venus! I've had it picked for weeks and I did lots of research on it before picking it! Emmett can't believe he's a father yet, haha. Hope you enjoy this chapter! Happy Saturday!}