Chapter Twenty-eight

⠀⠀ A matter of weeks later, Renesmee, my niece and nephew all had the build of four year olds. Jasper-Lisle began to resemble Jasper a lot, much to his father's pleasure. Although Alice unconditionally cherished her son, the fact that he looked more like her husband irritated her slightly. I wondered if everybody had noticed that.
⠀⠀ Venus's extraordinary eyes had turned gold, just like her cousins'. Endless photographs were taken, though. Nobody would dare allow the sweet memory of her jaw dropping eyes slip their memory. Her hair began turning blonde like Rosalie's which she and Emmett adored. Venus often would play by herself or with Jasper-Lisle. Never would she be found in the play room (we had transformed attic into a baby-proof playroom full of toys) with our Renesmee. The two of them did not seem to have a great relationship.
⠀⠀ One day, I was seated at the grand piano Edward constantly played. I thought back to when I first came to the Cullen household, how Esme had Edward play a song for me and how he played a melody so sweet. "This one was inspired by you," he had claimed, executing the notes skilfully. That piece of music touched my heart in more ways than possible and it stuck with me even years later.
⠀⠀ My fingers awkwardly danced upon the black and white keys, random notes spilling out to form an unofficial, though officially ear-splitting song. I was not left alone with the piano for long, as my favourite immortal leapt into the living room, taking me by surprise. "Hello, my love," soothed Edward, snaking his arms around my waist and leaving a trail of lustful kisses along my neck. It was necessary for him to train back my dark coloured hair in order for him to gain access to the area.
⠀⠀ "Lion!" I chirped with a cute wink. My husband slithered into the matching bench beside me and continued to leave soft pecks up and down. "What are you up to?" Mumbled Edward into my hair. "Just fiddling around with the piano..." His grip around my waist tightened and a sigh left Edward's body. "Just fiddling around, just fiddling around... Let me play a little some thing for you..." The pale hands of Mr Cullen outstretched forward to meet the keys in which he knew so well.
⠀⠀ The familiar tune began filling the room, causing my heart to flutter. The performance was thorough, brief even, but none the less enjoyable to the max. As many people did, Edward showed a face of pure concentration as his hands slid up and down the panel of keys. After roughly one hundred years of practice, he was more advanced and had more skills than any professional master could posses, probably earning himself a place in the Guinness World Record book.
⠀⠀ The song finished and I was grinning like crazy. "Thank you, Edward." My words forced a crooked smile upon the musician's face. Just then, the doorbell went. "It's Jake, I can hear his thoughts." Before I knew it, I had used my immortal speed to get myself to the front door. It was swung open forcefully and Jacob's young face was presented with his lips curled into a wide smile. "Jake!" "Hey, Bella. I finally got away from my crazy cousins so I thought I'd come up to see you guys." "Come in, come in! The kids are upstairs in the playroom, I'll show you!"
⠀⠀ "Hello, Jacob." Edward found us at the bottom of the stairs and greeted my best friend with false enthusiasm. Jake had informed us of he imprinting on Renesmee many weeks ago. At first, I was shocked, but delighted also. Edward? Not so much. He did not enjoy the idea of a werewolf imprinting on his darling new daughter. All three of us headed upstairs, then upstairs again until we reached the large playroom.
⠀⠀ The walls were painted an intriguing mint green tone and stacked in each corner were three boxes of toys, totalling in nine altogether. In the centre was a large round mat, white in colour with mine green polka dots to match the walls. There sat Renesmee with her cousin Jasper-Lisle. The two of them were doing a jigsaw puzzle together, the tiny little pieces made up an image of a blue rose in a garden full of white roses. It was beautiful, almost like the cardboard pieces were hand painted with water colours ever so fine.
⠀⠀ "Hey, kiddos!" Cackled Jacob, bending down onto his knees to be opposite the children. "Jacob!" Screeched Renesmee as she pulled her left arm out from under her chest so she could wave at her best-friend. My hand intertwined with Edward's who was located right beside me in the doorway. Our gazes soon met and as much as he disliked Jacob imprinting on our daughter, his eyes told otherwise. Both of us were happy to see Renesmee enjoying her life.

{Author's note: Happy Saturday! Enjoy this chapter and please (pretty please with a cherry on top!) leave a bit of feedback! I'd really appreciate it. Have a nice day, everybody!}