Chapter Twenty-One

⠀⠀ Edward caressed my cheek with the side of his hand in attempt to calm me. His attempts failed miserably as uncontrollable wails erupted from my larynx tube. "How's it going, Carlisle?" He questioned, seizing the one moment that I was not screaming. "Eh... So-so. We're waiting for the baby to start moving before we can bring her out."
⠀⠀ My head felt as if it was lit on fire, burning through my scalp and into my brain. The throbbing was intense. Seconds later, the man grasping my hand began to stare into space, looking at nothing in particular. "Jacob is here," he finally declared. My heart dropped, surprisingly, in relief that my best friend was resent.
⠀⠀ What felt like only minutes later, a familiar face burst through the door, looking panicked and worried. "J-Jake!" I managed to croak out through all the pain. "Hey, Bella! Don't worry, you're going to be fine!" Jacob rushed to my side, hovering over Edward a little. "How far are we, Carlisle?" "By the looks of it, there could be another twenty minutes before action takes place."
⠀⠀ The excruciating pain began to ease, beads of sweat rushing down my face. I wished newborns could not sweat, it would be a lot more comfortable not lying in a pool of sticky-warmth. My eyesight began blurring, more so every minute. Eventually, unfocused horizontal stripes of blackness invaded my vision.
⠀⠀ Anything being said I could still pick up, faintly, but surely. "She's losing too much blood!" Stated a familiar, classic tone. There were many, "Pass me that towel"s, "Bella, can you hear me?"s and "Breathe, Bella!"s. All went silent, peaceful even. White, just like the white I'd experienced on Isle Esme after passing out, clouded my vision. Curiosity ruled over my will.
⠀⠀ "Hello...?" I wondered aloud. Nobody responded for many moments. "Bella," a feminine voice soothed. "Who's there?!" "Elizabeth." A tall person dressed all in white sauntered towards me from the distance. She had long, bronze tinted hair with angelic curls that rested on her shoulders and hung loosely down her back. She also had bright blue eyes, just like Jasper Lisles.
⠀⠀ "Elizabeth Masen." That name rang a bell of familiarity. I was certain someone had said that name to me in the past. "I am Edward's biological mother." "I can see the resemblance." "Come sit with me." Elizabeth guided me gently towards a couch and I obeyed, having no idea whatsoever of where it appeared from.
⠀⠀ "Where am I, Elizabeth?" The question ever so easily dripped off my tongue. "Am I dead?" "No, Bella. You are not dead. You are in the in between stage, between earth and heaven. I have come to guide you into making the right decision. If you choose to go to heaven, there is a chance you will be with your daughter, who may or may not live. You can be with your grandparents, whom I am aware you miss very much."
⠀⠀ Elizabeth added that there would be no pain or sadness, only positivity and purity. "If you choose to go back to earth, you will endure lots of pain, though you will be with my son. You will see your family once again, but risk not meeting your daughter, who I explained, may or may not make it."
⠀⠀ I considered my options, allowing all of the information to process in my brain. This was a big decision, and my only hope was to make the correct one. "I could never leave Edward, we're supposed to be together forever. I choose to return to Earth, Elizabeth." My voice came out raspy, as if I had not drank anything in a millennium. "Good choice," whispered my late mother-in-law, twitching her candy pink lips into a grin. "Take care of my son, Bella."

{Author's note: Hi, guys! I hope you enjoy this chapter where Bella sort of dies, but is sort of reborn again! Happy Saturday!}