Chapter Thirty

⠀⠀ The next day, everybody was ecstatic to return to preschool. Unlike Renesmee, my niece, Venus, was endlessly babbling on about how wonderful it was the previous day. "It was loads of fun! I made a new friend and her name is Bella, just like you!" She giggled. I loved my niece and my niece loved me, but my niece did not love her cousin- my daughter. "Well," I grinned. "Isn't that a coincidence?"
⠀⠀ All of the parents made sure we had everything we needed before leaving the house. At last, the six adults and three children were sauntering down the sidewalk just like yesterday. First we would go out of the private area where our house was, then along the main road. After that, we crossed over the road using the bridge that Jasper-Lisle loved so much because it was his favourite colour– blue. One street and a left turn more would bring us to the preschool.
⠀⠀ As our family stepped over the bridge, I realised that something felt unorthodox today. Perhaps it was the mid-spring breeze that I had not before noticed or the unusual clearness of the Forks sky. Although Edward was unable to read my mind, it was as if he really did, edging towards me a bit. "I feel it too. Something is not right today." "What do you think it is?" "Someone is nearby and they are not human. I can hear their thoughts on and off, but I can't get enough information to decipher their identity."
⠀⠀ A sigh was released from my lungs at the thought. Why here? Why now? It could have been a wolf, though. I made sure to let Edward know that. "I guess it could be..." My husband pondered. His gaze travelled to our lively daughter that playfully leapt down the steps of the bridge. Renesmee was a very happy, smiley child, much to the appeal of her father and I. My own gaze followed Edward's. "She's such a daddy's girl," I cackled. He laughed in response. "Maybe so, but she's so much like you on the inside. It's great for me, really. Now I have two of you!" My lips came to meet his for a short moment, his complement had made my heart jump.
⠀⠀ Before too long, all of us found ourselves strolling down the last street and turning the corner. The preschool arose into view on the horizon. The children anxiously ran ahead, holding hands and skipping about as little children normally did. The mysterious gaze was still upon us. I could feel it. I was surprised none of the other vampires could sense the uncomfortable atmosphere.
My head slowly roasted round as I scanned all of our surroundings; the trees, the roads, the buildings and windows. My effort was met by no success in pinpointing the stalker.
⠀⠀ A familiar looking lady with bright blue eyes came to meet us at the door just as she had yesterday. "Hello, everybody! So nice to see you again!" "Hi, Tracy," we grinned. Tracy bent down so she was at eye-level with Renesmee, Jasper-Lisle and Venus, who stood in a line. "Hey, kiddos! Are we ready to have some fun today?" They all nodded. It was adorable how fond the kids were of Tracy, and how fond Tracy was of them.
⠀⠀ All of us left the area and headed back home.
⠀⠀ Edward and I skipped upstairs to the middle floor where we seated ourselves on the couch together. He grabbed my hand and our fingers intertwined, showing off my precious engagement ring and our wedding rings. My loving husband smiled that charming smile of his. "Look where we are now," said Edward. "You're alive, Renesmee's alive, everything turned out great."
⠀⠀ "Thank you, Edward. For sticking with me throughout all of this. It's been scary, I'm not going to lie, but going through all of it with you made it all much easier to endure." "I love you," he spoke clearly. "I love you more." This seemed to amuse my spouse. "That is not possible." His face edged towards me a bit as he spoke. "Well, the lion fell in love with the lamb, but the lamb was in love with the lion all along."
⠀⠀ "I'll always love you. I will love you until the very last day of forever, until dawn of that day."
⠀⠀ "Until dawn?" I smiled.
⠀⠀ "Until dawn," Edward agreed.

{Author's note: OMG! The story has come to an end! I can't believe it's over. Thanks for reading, everyone! Over the summer, I'll be posting poems and one-shots, so stay tuned for those. I hope you enjoyed Until Dawn!}