Almost Saying Their Feelings

On the drive home it was silent. It felt that you can hear a pin drop clearly.

'You didn't have to do that,' said Jason.

'I wanted to,' said Allison as she looked at him. She entwined her fingers with his softly. He softly squeezed her fingers gently. Without thinking he kissed her hand softly. Allison bit her lip softly loving the feeling of his lips on her skin. They entered the house and saw his mother walking towards them.

'Where have you been? We have been worried,' she said.

'Mom, I'm fine,' said Jason. 'What's wrong?'

'What's wrong? We get a call saying that you were in an accident,' said his mother. 'Why didn't you pick up your phone?'

'I'm sorry. I had it on vibrate,' said Jason seeing that he had almost 15 missed calls and 20 text.

'That was my fault, Mrs. Sheppard,' said Allison. 'I told him that I should of drive but he insisted on driving. Uh just curious who has called?'

'They have never mention,' she said. Allison knew it was her father. Jason looked at her knowing who was behind it just by the look on her face.

'This has to be my father. I'm so sorry, Mrs. Sheppard,' said Allison. 'My father is doing everything to ruin your family especially Jason.' Jason knew that she's blaming herself on this.

'Hey. It's not your fault ok? None of this is your fault,' said Jason.

'Why don't you go rest? It would make you feel better,' said Mrs. Sheppard. Allison nodded as she headed to her room. Jason sighed softly as he rubbed his face.

'It's my fault that this happening. Allison shouldn't be going through this because of me,' said Jason.

'It's not your fault either, Jason. I agree that Allison shouldn't go through this but it's not your fault either. I could easily tell that you love her and you will do anything to protect her,' she said. Jason looked at his mother. 'Please, Jason. I'm your mother and I could easily see the way you both look at each other. It was the same way with me and your father. You better tell her how you feel before she slips past your fingers.' He couldn't get anything pass his mother. He softly sighed knowing how right she is. He has to tell her how he feels before its too late. Allison sighed softly as she lay in bed before her phone rang. It was her father. She let it go straight to voice mail not wanting to talk to him. Allison couldn't understand why he hated Jason so badly. He never did anything wrong to her family but she guessed it has to do with the press that has been talking bad about him. She heard a soft knock on her door. She sat up as she saw Jason's mom.

'Mrs. Sheppard,' she said. 'Everything ok? I'm sorry about what my father did.'

'Don't worry about that. I know he did it to protect you and he's also worried,' she said. 'I'm just wondering how you are.'

'I'm fine. Angry but I'm fine though,' said Allison.

'I'm just happy. I could see how lovingly you and Jason look at each other too,' she said. Allison was taken aback when she said that. She tried so hard to hide it but she guessed that she couldn't hide it from her as she's a mother.

'I don't know what you are talking about. I'm sorry,' said Allison trying to act cool about it and tried not to let it show.

'Dear, I could see how Jason looks at you when you walk into a room or when he's near you. I see the same way about to Jason. It was the same way with me and his father when we were your age,' she said. 'Maybe you should tell Jason how you feel. I know that he'll feel the same way about you.'

'I know. I'll think about it,' said Allison.

'Please do before it's too late,' she said. 'I know that you are the only girl that he ever thought about while we were gone. He never stopped thinking about you.' Allison's mind went into overdrive when she said. She lay in bed when Mrs. Sheppard left her room. She thought about what she said about Jason. She had to tell him about her feelings before some other girl will come close to him. But also she didn't want to lose him as friend either. Allison knew if she told him he would reject her. She shook her head as she didn't want to tell him especially too soon. The next morning, Jason got up early to head to the gym. He walked downstairs seeing Allison talking to Ellie. He felt his heart flutter as she looked beautiful as she wore some yoga pants with a yellow top that clung to her body perfectly. He tried to not think of her like that but he thought about what his mother said last night. He knew that he had to act soon and tell her. Jason went up to them and smiled.

'Hey. Didn't expect to see you this early,' said Jason.

'Uh yeah. I needed to go to the gym,' said Allison. She tried not to eye on him as he wore some lose shorts and a t-shirt that clung to his body with sweater.

'I was just heading to the gym also. Maybe we can able to head together,' said Jason. 'Which one to go to?'

'In the corner by the diner,' said Allison.

'That's funny. I go to that too,' said Jason. 'Maybe we can head there together.'

'Yeah. That's fine with me,' said Allison, smiling. They headed to the car talking and headed to the gym. Allison used the treadmill doing a jog as Jason used the weights. She saw how his back muscles flexed through his shirt as he was sweating. He looked perfect as other women checked him out. One in particular, a blonde, went to him flirting him as she twisted her hair. Allison got mad knowing what the blonde was trying to do. She got off the treadmill and went to him. 'Hey. Everything ok?' Allison didn't why but she wrapped her arm around his waist and placed her hand on his chest.

'Uh yeah. Everything's fine now,' said Jason, as he smiled at her wrapping his arm around her waist, whispering thank you in her ear.

'You are with her?' asked the blonde.

'Is there a problem with that?' asked Allison.

'You aren't his type,' she said. This got her pissed off as Jason wrapped his arm more tightly around her. Without realizing it, Allison softly kissed him to rub it against her face. The electricity went through them deeply as it felt so right between them. She looked at the blonde.

'You were saying?' said Allison. She huffed asshe left. She looked at Jason softly. Beforeshe said anything else, she felt his soft lips against hers softly. Allisonsoftly kissed him back as the charge became so perfect. Their foreheads touchedafter the kiss. 'I uh I should continue on the treadmill.' Allison softly lefthis arms as she could still feel his lips on hers. The kiss became so right.Jason looked at her as she walked away. He softly smiled knowing that kisswon't be their last but also he didn't want to push her too far.