What Just Happened?

Jason is waiting for Elizabeth to arrive at their usual eating stop. He looked at the time hoping she didn't get stuck in traffic. Then he heard his name being called and saw Rachel one of Allison's friend. He softly sighed knowing how she always wanted to be close to him, especially the first time around when she flirted with him.

'Rachel,' said Jason.

'Jason, funny running into you here,' she said, innocently. Jason wanted to tell her to get lost but he didn't want to be rude. 'What are you doing here?'

'I'm actually...'

'Waiting for me,' said Elizabeth. 'Hey. Sorry to keep you waiting.' Rachel looked over to Elizabeth once over.

'I didn't know you've moved on from Allison,' said Rachel.

'It's not of your concern about Allison and me,' said Jason.

'We should head inside,' said Elizabeth. 'You should be a better friend.' Elizabeth and Jason went inside.

'Thank you. She tried to flirt with me last time and let's just say that....'

'Don't need to say anymore.' They sat in a corner both and ordered their food. 'I just came from seeing Allison.'

'How is she doing? Is she ok?' asked Jason. Elizabeth could tell how much Jason loves her.

'I can tell she's in pain right now too,' said Elizabeth.

'Probably her dad is setting her up with some guy right now,' said Jason.

'Probably doubt it. I know that she still loves you,' said Elizabeth.

'I know she'll be happy with the next guy and forget about me.' Elizabeth knew how much both of her friends are hurting. She knew that she has to do something to get them back together. Allison lay in bed with the windows closed. She didn't want to do anything. Her mind went back to Jason wanting to know if he moved on with someone new. Maybe some beautiful model or maybe some actress. She couldn't think like that. She still loves him. There was a soft knock on her door.

'Come in,' said Allison. She saw her mother come in and sighed softly. 'I don't want to talk right now.' She lay on her side facing the window.

'You haven't come out since this morning,' said Mrs. Dolan.

'I'm not ready yet,' she said.

'Robert came by earlier today to see if you wanted to go out,' she said.

'I'm not ready to be seen by him, mom.'

'He's such a sweet man, Allison.'

'He's just kissing ass, mom. To get in Dad's good graces.' Allison didn't want to see Robert knowing that he will bash Jason. She knew that they are close but cut him off since he started to say nasty stuff about Jason. 'I just want to be left alone please.'

'Let me know if you want anything.' Elizabeth didn't answer as the door is closed. Jason walked down the hallway and passed what was Allison's room. He softly opened the door and looked in. Her perfume still lingered in the air as she was still there. Jason wanted to be with her again but didn't want to push her. Her things were still there. Jason wanted to do the right thing and return them back to her. He placed her things in the car and went to her parents' home. Allison walked down the stairs as she heard a car pull up. She went to the door and peaked out the window, softly gasping. Jason opened the trunk of the car and started to take out her things. Allison opened the door softly.

'Jason?' He felt his heart flutter when he heard her sweet voice. He looked up and saw her. She looked so breath taking and stunning like an angel. Allison walked to him softly. 'What are you doing here?'

'I uh wanted to bring your things to you,' he said. 'You forgot them.'

'You didn't have to bring them,' she said.

'I wanted to. It's the right thing to do,' said Jason. 'I thought you might need them.' She always knew how sweet he is to her. Why did she have to break this man's heart?

'Uh thank you,' said Allison.

'What are you doing here?' said Mr. Dolans.

'I just brought some of Allison's things that she left behind. That's all, sir,' said Jason.

'I suggest you leave before I call the police for kidnapping and harassment,' said Mr. Dolans.

'Dad, stop it!' said Allison.

'It's ok, Allison. I'll leave,' said Jason, as he left the rest of her things on the side. He got in and drove off. Allison felt her heart break more seeing the man she truly loved leave because of her father.

'Jason only wanted to bring my things to me. Why is it that you hate Jason so much?!' yelled Allison. She headed inside quickly knowing she has lost Jason forever because of her family. Jason walked around the park as he needed time to clear his head. He wanted to be with Allison but also he didn't want to bring shame to her. He loved her too much. He sighed as he sat by a bench under a tree. Jason heard someone clear their throat. He saw that it's Mrs. Dolans.

'Mrs. Dolans. Uh what brings you by here?' asked Jason, as he stood up.

'I saw you bring Allison's things and what my husband said to you,' said Mrs. Dolans.

'Uh it's ok. I know he wants to protect Allison from someone like me,' said Jason. 'The one who brings shame to his family.'

'I know that it's a different thing to hear but I've seen how much Allison loves you,' she said. 'How her face lights up by looking at you or when she hears your name.'

'I don't know why...'

'Telling you this?' she asked. 'It happened the same with my husband and I. I know what it's like. Her grandfather never like him when we first started to date. He tried to do things to break us up but he saw how much my husband loved me.' Jason wasn't sure of what to say. 'I know it's harsh of my husband to treat you like this. I've also seen how Robert treats you. I know who's the better man for my daughter. I'm looking at him.'

'Mrs. Dolans, with all due respect, even if I try to get close to Allison, who I deeply love, your husband will kill me on the spot,' said Jason.

'I will look for my husband. I know that it will be hard but I know that Allison will come back to you,' said Mrs. Dolans.