Chapter 2

Kendra found herself standing in front of the Wardrobe Closet as she searched for her cloak. She crossed her arms over her chest, humming as she scanned every item closely.

She sighed once the black material was draped over her shoulders by Anakin. "You must be that nervous, it was right where you left it."
"I'm sorry," Kendra said as she pulled the cloak on. "I don't know why I'm so anxious."

Anakin rubbed her shoulders as she turned around to face him. "Has Obi-Wan discovered anything on his search?" She asked.
"He seemed to find something on his radar. I actually's have to go with him today and find out what it is."
"What planet?"
"Hoth." He answered.
She sighed. "Anakin, that planet is dangerous, please - "

Anakin interrupted her by pressing his lips to hers. She sighed as he smiled faintly.
Pulling away, he held her face. "I'll be alright."
"Just please, be careful." Kendra sighed.
He kissed her one last time before disappearing.

                                    ***

Anakin stomped through the high snow of Hoth as Obi-Wan lead the way. "Perhaps they could have put an army on a warmer planet."
"So uncivilized." Obi-Wan complained.
They scanned their surroundings until Anakin took off his mask, the cold hair hitting his now hot skin. "If anything, we'll die before we find a base."

"Fortunately, the base we are looking for is right here on the radar." Obi-Wan said, looking down at their generated map. Anakin rolled his eyes before pulling the mask back on, and hurrying through the blizzard.
"Send a hologram to Master Windu and inform him we are still alive."
"We won't be if we quit moving." Anakin mumbled as he pulled his comlink out of his protected weather pack. "Wampa's could appear at any moment."

Kendra focused on her training Padawan as she began to worry about the love of her life. She knew how much she worried when he was away on missions. But this time, she was more worried; knowing how dangerous the cold weather and creatures were on Hoth.

"Master, I do believe that I lost your attention." Valerie suddenly spoke, causing Kendra to jump out of her trance.
"Forgive me, I'm a little sidetracked today." She confessed. "But you're getting better everyday with enough practice. I'm proud of you."
"Thank you, Master."
Kendra looked past the young Padawan as the Chamber's doors opened. Master Adi Gallia and Aayla Secura walked in.

"Master Secura, Master Gallia, is there something I can do for you?" Kendra asked.
"I'm afraid not." Aayla answered. "Master Windu has ordered me to deliver you a message."
Kendra swallowed.
"Master Skywalker and Kenobi have discovered a hidden droid base on Hoth. They believe that the Empire have risen."
"The Empire?" Valerie asked.

Kendra looked at her Padawan. "The Empire are Siths." She explained. "But who would be running the Empire if Darth Sidious is dead?"
"Perhaps someone was left behind." Adi spoke. Kendra frowned and looked towards her Padawan. "You're dismissed."
"Yes, Master."

As Valerie left the training Chamber, her eyes met her former Masters. "What will we do?"
Aayla stiffened before exhaling.
"We fight."

***

Kendra awaited at the staircase of the Coruscant apartment building as Anakin's ship arrived. Even though she was in her night gown, she found herself leaping into his arms, and he spun her around.
"I'm so glad you're safe." She said as he grabbed her face and kissed her sweetly.
"I'm alright." He promised her as she hugged him tightly.

"Master Secura told me you and Obi-Wan found a droid base." She said concerned as they walked inside. Anakin nodded as he shrugged out of his cloak.

"Obi-Wan is still trying to find out who is behind it." He said. "It may take a while."
"Do we even have time?" She asked as Anakin took off his tunic. He sighed.
"I don't know."
Kendra frowned. "I was hoping three years later, the madness would be over with."

Anakin turned to his wife and grabbed her face again. "We will win this, Ken." He said to her. "We've done this before, and we'll get through it like the first time."
Kendra closed her eyes as his thumbs traced over the top of her cheek bones softly. "You always manage to calm me."
"Have faith, my love." He whispered. "Everything will soon be set right."

Kendra wrapped her arms around his neck and held him, not ever wanting to let go.

Sorry I haven't updated, I've had terrible writers block, and then like two days ago I started coming up with a lot of ideas with this story and other stories that'll be coming soon :)

Please continue to vote and comment!