Chapter 11

Kendra could sense that something was wrong, and she grew anxious as she watched her Padawan train before her. She focused her eyes on Valerie, who was blocking small lasers from the turret globe in the air.

She stared at the girl, trying to take in the fact that she was hiding something. Kendra's head was spinning by the time Valerie's lightsaber deactivated.
"Master," Valerie began. "I was wondering if I could ask you something."
"What do you want to ask me?"
"Well, I know Master Skywalker has been leaving on missions lately, and Belle hasn't had enough time to train." She started off. "I was wondering if I could train with her and you mentor us, with your and your husbands permission."

Kendra hummed to stall. "I'll ask him once he's back." She answered. "He's had a lot on him mind, as have I."
"Are you alright, Master?" She asked, sounding concerned. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

She can't know I'm investigating her. "It's alright, I have everything under control. Just stress from the missions lately." God, I'm a good liar all of a sudden. I hate it.

"If there's anything I can do, Master.. Please let me know." She said, eyeing Kendra.

Kendra smiled. "Thank you, Valerie."
She nodded. "Excuse me, Master. I think I'm going to go find Belle and talk to her about these hopeful plans."

She nodded as Valerie left, and she buried her face into her hands.

***

As Kendra entered the apartment, she was taken back once she spotted Anakin standing in the Veranda, his eyes focused on the dark lights of Coruscant.

"I didn't realize you were back." She said, placing her cloak on it's hook. "I would've come back from training early."
"We need to talk." He said, a hint of anger in his voice.
She bit down on her lip nervously before moving to stand next to him. "What do you want to talk about?"

Anakin's eyes didn't meet hers as he spoke. "I talked to Master Yoda today."
She froze.
As he turned his head and looked at her finally, her heart beat increased. "And I asked him what the name of the data was.. The data you were collecting for him."

She'd been caught.

"And he said he never asked for a data collection." He said, his teeth gritted as he tried to control himself. "You lied to me."
Kendra closed her eyes as tears formed. "Anakin -"
"Why?" He asked, causing her to jump. "What is it that you're lying to me about, Kendra?"

She stared at him in surprise as he paced angrily. She hated seeing him so mad. It always caused her to remember when her sister had brainwashed him, and he tried to kill Kendra. So angry and full of pain.

"Please, listen to me." She said, sniffling. "I was going to tell you soon."
"But you didn't, instead you lied to me." He snapped. "When we're supposed to work through everything together!"
"I didn't want to tell you until I knew the truth!" She shouted, tears falling down her pale cheeks.

"Then what were you hiding from me?" He yelled, walking towards her. She squeezed her eyes shut and flinched, knocking a glass vase from the table she stumbled into. Anakin extended his hand out and used the Force before it shattered on the floor, placing it back on the table.

She shook as Anakin walked towards her, grabbing her face. She trembled as he pressed his forehead to hers.

"I would never hurt you." He said, his voice filled with sadness. He didn't want her to be scared of him.
"Don't be afraid."
She looked at him as he let go of her face. "It's just.. I'm reminded of the time on Mustafar.. When -"
"I know I know." He sighed, his shoulders slouching. "Come here."

She moved across the room as he held his arms out to her, embracing her. She rested her head against his chest as he rubbed her back.

"I love you more than life itself." He said to her. "I want you to trust me, with whatever you're worried about."
As she pulled back, she inhaled.
"I haven't told you because I don't know the truth yet." She explained.
He shrugged. "What is it?"

She steadied her breathing as she spoke.

"I believe that Valerie is a Sith."

*queues music* oH SNAP *echo* oH SNAP. 

I love myself

Please vote and comment xx