Chapter 16

Anakin had raised from his bed, not being able to sleep. The waiting made him anxious, which was affecting his sleep, giving him insomnia.

He looked towards Kendra who slept away peacefully, and he knew he didn't want to wake her. It was the most sleep she got in days.

He stood from his place, and pulled on his cloak. After stepping out of the bedroom, he walked into the Veranda.

As he stared out over the lights of Coruscant, he began to think of how peaceful it is. He couldn't imagine it being torn apart, especially by something like Grievous.

Or a young Sith.

                                     ***

Obi-Wan stormed through the hallways of the Executive building, searching for Master Windu as he looked around each corner. Once he spotted the tall, dark skinned man, he stopped to breathe.

"Master Windu," Obi-Wan said. "I have very important information that must be tended to immediately."
"What is it, Master Obi-Wan?" He asked, crossing his arms in concern.
He inhaled before talking. "I've come across important data, containing Master Almino's Padawan."
"Valerie." He said. "What data?"

And as queued, Obi-Wan was interrupted before he could speak.
"Master Windu! We've received the location on General Grievous' ship!" Someone shouted.
Mace looked towards Obi-Wan. "Please forgive me, I must tend to this."
Obi-Wan's teeth gritted as Windu ran out of the Executive Building, and to the Jedi Temple.

I'll just tell Anakin, he thought. He and Kendra must know.

Anakin walked around the small chamber as Obi-Wan followed. "I was in the Jedi Archives last night, and I came across hidden data." He said, watching for a reaction from his former Padawan. "And it was very unpleasant."
"Please, get on with it Master." Anakin begged. "I need to know if Kendra is in danger."

Obi-Wan scratched at his beard as he looked away, and Anakin tensed.
"Valerie is from Naboo, and was born precisely twelve years before Sidious was epected Chancellor. Her age is right, and her family tree is unexpected."
"I'm afraid I do not follow." Anakin's brows creased.

Obi-Wan knew once he told Anakin, that everything would change. They wouldn't be able to tell the Council until after defeating General Grievous, and they knew Valerie could do or hurt anything before they did. Even kill.

"Valerie is the granddaughter of Sheev Palpatine.." He said truthfully.
Anakin swallowed, staring at Obi-Wan. "Valerie is the grand daughter of a Sith Lord?"
"It all makes sense now." He said, turning away from Anakin. "She has taken Sidious' place."
"She wants to destroy us." Anakin added.

Obi-Wan turned to him. "You must warn Kendra."
"What should she do, Master?" He asked.
"We cannot warn the Council until after our mission." He answered in a mutter. "Otherwise it will mess up the plan to destroy General Grievous."
"I'll go tell Kendra now." Anakin said, walking towards the door.

"Anakin."
Anakin turned to Obi-Wan, and he sighed.
"The two of you must be careful."
He nodded. "I will, Master."

***

Kendra sat in shock as Anakin stood before her, not knowing how to respond to the fact that she was mentoring a Sith.
Tears formed in her eyes, but she forced them away. "What will we do?" She asked.
Anakin kneeled down before her, resting his hands on top of hers. "We can't do anything until we have defeated General Grievous."

She closed her eyes, taking in the fact that she just now realized. "I should have known."

Anakin rubbed the skin on her hand. "None of is realized it.. She disguised the darkness, like Sidious did."
"Still." She said. "I should have known. I'm her Master."
"Ken." He whispered. "Do not blame yourself for this."

She looked into her husbands blue eyes, feeling her confidence increase.

"We need to destroy Grievous." She said.

"And destroy Valerie."