Chapter 7

It had been three weeks later when the Pilots of the Shadow Squadron had trained completely. Anakin and Kendra trained their Padawan's continually until he had to be pulled away, into the mission.

Kendra grabbed his face as he pulled on the Pilot jacket. "Be careful."
He looked down at her. "I'll be alright."
He kissed her sweetly, and started for his Fighter. She inhaled as she looked over at Valerie.

"Shall we get back to your training?" She asked.
"Actually, Master. I was wondering if you mentor me while I trained with Belle."
Kendra rose a brow.
She smiled. "We've worked on a few maneuvers."
"I see." She laughed. "I suppose that's alright. Especially now Master Skywalker is gone for the time being."

                                    ***

Anakin stared ahead as he lead the other following Fighters through the atmosphere, towards the outer rim of an approaching planet. This planet, was Mustafar.

Chills ran down his spine as he looked at the radar. "Stand by."
As he waited for the calculating generator to confirm if their were any droid forms, he sighed of relief as it came off. "Negative. Grievous is not on Mustafar."
"Wouldn't 've wanted to go there." One said through the head set, causing Anakin to grin.

As they continued onto their mission, they scanned the planets of Naboo, Tatooine, Alderaan, even Hoth.

"There's no sign of General Grievous on the listed Planet Maps." Anakin clarified. "Turn around."

As the Fighter's turned, Anakin continued to lead as they searched.

As the radar before him beeped wildly, he pressed the controls and looked forward. "Look out, Droid ships coming in!"
Anakin accelerated and turned sharply as missiles were sent towards him. Missing in time, he huffed.
"Artoo, I need a signal for a holorecording." He said. "Directed to Obi-Wan and Master Windu."

Artoo beeped from the side wing, and a projected plate appeared.
"Master, I've searched the outer rims, and there is nothing. We're being swamped by Droids, and I'm beginning to wonder -"

Anakin was cut off as a Buzz Droid hooked onto his wing, and he panicked slightly.
"Get him Artoo!" Anakin shouted.
Artoo-Detoo beeped as he shocked the other droid, causing volts to run through it's system. As it slid off of the Fighter and into space, he sighed.

"Anakin, are you there?!" Obi-Wan shouted.
"Sorry, Master." He said. "I'm beginning to wonder if General Grievous isn't on a planet."
"What do you mean?" He asked.
"If there are droids surrounding this area of the galaxy, perhaps General Grievous has a ship nearby." He said. "And I'm going to find out."
"Don't get yourself killed, Anakin." Obi-Wan warned. "It's not worth it."

"He kidnapped her, Master." He said through clenched teeth. "And has been trying to destroy the Jedi. He can't live."

***

Kendra watched in amazement as Belle and Valerie's lightsabers collided. They moved around the training chamber so delicately, not messing one single move up, or out of place.

Valerie flipped forward, and onto her feet as she blocked Belle's hit just in time. Kendra hummed and leaned back, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You are very skilled, the two of you." She said as the Padawan's sabers deactivated. "The Force is very strong in the two of you."
Valerie smiled. "All because of your training, Master."
"I can't take credit." She said as she stood. "Your former Master taught you more than me."
They smiled at Kendra before grabbing their cloaks.

Kendra stared out the window as the Coruscant sky darkened. It had been hours since Anakin and Shadow Squadron had left, and she was beginning to wonder when he'd be back home.

Her question was answered as she spotted several Fighters in the sky, lowering towards the Jedi Temple's platform. She quickly turned, and ran for the doors.

Making her way out to the landing platform, she threw her arms around him. He kissed her softly and hugged her tightly.
"I missed you." He said in a quiet tone. "I don't like being away from you, even for a day."
She pulled back and ran her fingers in his hair. "Did you find anything?" She asked.
Anakin looked towards the Pilot's who were exiting their Fighter's, and walked into the Temple. "General Grievous couldn't be located on any planets." He said. "When we were heading towards the Dagobah system, droids were fleeing the area completely. He's on a ship."

She smiled. She loves how smart Anakin is, especially when it comes to these types of things. "You did it."
"And I'm exhausted." He confessed, chuckling.
She grabbed his hand. "Come on."

As they walked towards the apartment building, the pink skies around them darkened into night.