Chapter 6

Photo above is of Anakin and Kendra's Padawan's.

Hailee Steinfeld as Valerie (Kendra's Padawan)

Ellie Fanning as Belle ( Anakin's Padawan)

***

Kendra stared out the window of the Council Chamber as she waited for the rest to arrive. Her eyes watched the Speeders that were flying through the sky, catching a shine in the pink and orange skies of the approaching Twilight.

She hadn't realized until the sound of footprints appeared that she wasn't alone. She turned to see Obi-Wan.
"Anakin said you were here." He said. "Valerie is training with Belle until the meeting is over."
"Thank you, Master." She said as she turned. "I'm grateful."

As the Chamber filled with the rest of the council and the Jedi Masters, Kendra seated next to Anakin.

"General Grievous has escaped from Utapau." Mace announced. "The Pau'an's were not harmed, but the search for General Grievous is not finished."
"Perhaps we need to send the Pilots again." One said.
"We cannot send the Pilots out with Commander Cody injured."

"Then I'll lead the Squadron." Anakin said suddenly. Kendra looked at him, and he stiffened.

"Master Skywalker, that's a large responsibility."
"I'm willing to take that responsibility." Anakin argued. "I can Pilot, and lead them through the outer rims."
Yoda hummed silently as Master Windu looked towards him.

"Lead, Skywalker will." He said. "Destroy Grievous, we must."

                                    ***

Anakin knew once he and Kendra were alone, that he would get an earful. As he stepped into their apartment, he spotted his wife standing in the veranda, her night gown catching the dim lights.

"I know you're upset." Anakin said as he walked towards her.
"I'm not upset." She said calmly. "I'm afraid."
Anakin sighed. "If this has to do with me -"
"Anakin." She sighed as she placed her hands on his shoulders. "I'm afraid for me. I'm afraid that I'm too weak to be the Jedi I am. Look at my Padawan, I fear that I'm going to fail her. Like I failed.."
"Ciara." He finished.
Kendra didn't answer as she stared at Anakin's chest, and he pulled her close to him. "You won't fail Valerie." He said to her. "You are one of the best Masters I know, and that's a promise."

Anakin wiped away the tears on her cheeks as he kissed her slowly. She wrapped her arms around his neck, giving in.
As they pulled away, she looked into his blue eyes. "How is Belle's training?"
"She's surprisingly powerful." Anakin confessed. "But she still needs a lot of training."
"Valerie is stronger than I could ever imagine." Kendra said.

Anakin looked towards the sky as he sat down on the sofa of the veranda. "I won't lead the Pilots out until they're completely trained and ready. This isn't going to be easy."
Kendra walked towards him and sat down in his lap, and he rested his chin on her shoulder. "I am worried about your mission." She admitted. "I'm afraid that you won't come back."

Anakin wrapped his arms around her. "Lets talk about how you were taken from the Temple, and I thought you weren't going to come back."
"But you found me," she said. "and you saved me."
He kissed her cheek as he rested his forehead against hers. "I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I hadn't."
"Sh," she whispered, kissing his jaw. He sighed in contentment, tightening his arms around her.

"Come on." She said as she stood, grabbing his hand. "I'm exhausted."
Anakin followed, and they returned to their bed, and slept the night away.

                                   ***

Everything happened before her as war began.
But it wasn't the Jedi versus armies of droids.

It was a Jedi versus Sith.

Although she couldn't make out the two people as they fought, she could make out the single blue lightsaber, and the red lightsaber of the Sith.
She could feel the pain the Jedi had as they fell to the floor, but she couldn't see why.

Kendra jolted awake as she woke from the horrible nightmare. She wiped her tear filled eyes, only to realized Anakin had woken.

"I'm sorry." She said, trying to calm herself down. She hated waking him up on accident when she had those types of dreams.
Anakin shifted until he sat up. He placed his fingers to her face, his prosthetic hand holding him up. "Tell me."

She sniffled, and moved closer to Anakin. He pulled her into his lap, and she closed her eyes.
Words can't describe how in love she is with Anakin. The way she loves being so close to him, causes her comfort.

Her arms wrapped around his neck as she pressed her forehead to his. "It was a Jedi, and a Sith... Fighting. I could feel the Jedi's pain, and I couldn't fix it."
Anakin placed his hand to her back as she rested her head against his bare chest. He moved swiftly until his back hit the mattress, still holding her to him.

"You're safe, my love." He whispered as she began to doze off unexpectedly. "You are my life, and I will protect you forever."

*cries because kendrakin feels*

Love y'all, please keep voting!