Chapter 11

-------kindly put your playlist here:)------

Janie's POV

Her gray hair was now disheveled, and her pressed clothes now wrinkled. Her normally light green eyes now dulled, and her lips were pulled into a frown. This one lady I had come to know so well was not at all the person standing before me. This was a startling comparison to the Caroline I loved dearly. My heart broke with every step she took towards me.

The look in her eyes was one I knew, the deep cuts revenge made were controlling her every action, her every move. I could see that deep in her, she was the same, but now she transformed into the monster that was so similar to my father and brother that I feared. The fire blazing within her was unquenchable, and until she reached her goal, she would continue to be this person.

I had no idea how I killed her son, and before I died, I hoped to find out what I was being accused for at the very least. If I was the one that would help her be normal again, then I would go willingly. If this was my crime to pay, at least it would be at the hands of someone I cared deeply for.

I knew Caroline wouldn't lay a hand on me herself, what I was most worried about where the two bulky men that followed in behind her. To them, I was probably just a way to get easy money. Their fists were held behind their backs, ready to move at any given moment. It definitely didn't calm my nerves by the fact they were both dressed head to toe in black. My mind was shot from thinking, and I didn't even try to get off the bed. Either my headache would get to me, or the assassins over there.

I was surprised when she opened her mouth, I thought this would have been quick and painless. "You see rouge, with you bounding over pack borders like a little bunny on Easter was sure to cause problems, and I didn't hear about it until recently. I didn't consider you a threat, only until the third war broke out. Obviously, you were a tough one to catch." I was dumbfounded, for many reasons. There was no way I could have done all she was accusing me of.

One, I had no idea what pack borders were, and two, I didn't even know there was such thing as war anymore.  I thought all werewolves lived peacefully, but I guess the prison my dad kept me in was locked tight enough to keep me as oblivious as I was now. Well, maybe not oblivious, but unknowing.

I wrapped my arms around myself, knowing my fate and scrunched up my nose at the distasteful smell wafting from the bodyguards. Their hands were still hidden behind their backs, and they reminded me of a child, trying to get away with stealing a piece of candy. They were both hiding something, and the stench was the only give away.

"Janie, I now realize the depth of your stupidity because by your face it seems you had no idea what has been going around you. I will make it simple for one as dumb as you to understand. You have been running across the country, and basically, starting a civil war within the werewolves of North America. The battles reached all the way up here in Maine, and about four months ago, my son, the former alpha of this park, went into war, and never returned." Her whole body seemed to slouch at this statement.

Even in my predicament, I still felt sorry for her. This woman lost her own flesh and blood, and it was all my fault. If I had never run away, she would still have a happy family. But, she didn't know what I've been through. All the pain and the torture and the loss of so many family members. Caroline didn't know, just as I didn't know how much trouble I caused from running away from my problems.

Her scratched voice crashed me down from my day dreaming, coming close to me, "You deserve to die, and it's too bad I didn't realize who you were sooner. Yes, quite a shame isn't it Janie?" She spit out my name as if it was a disease on her tongue.

Without warning, she lurched at me, wringing my neck with her hands. I kicked at her, desperate to get air into my lungs. She put more and more pressure on me, and I was sure that I had started to turn blue. I was choking, hoping she would let go. My arms were swinging in the air, itching to get a punch in so she could loosen her hold on me. I cried out when her hands only got tighter, and her two guards coming to hold my flailing limbs.

Caroline leaned in, "how does it feel, to be on the brink of death? Huh, Janie?" Seeing as she would get no answer, she let go, only for me to fall into the hands of the men. I shivered at their touch, but I was busy coughing, searching for air for my lungs that have now become the Sahara desert. When I found no comic relief at first, I began stratching at myself, leaving claw marks close to my face.

I was close to hysterics now, and my world was turning black. I hunched over, still trapped in the legs, while they had let go of my top half, their hold was still as tight as ever. I sank into my body, waiting for what more was to come. I could see it in her stance that there was much worse in store than cutting off my airway. My now dingy hair fell around my face, shielding me behind the curtain of blonde hair.

Looking down, I was still gulping for air, but I was calmer now, not relaxed per say, but acknowledging how bad this was going to be for me. Before I could even blink, her hand struck across my face, destined to leave a welt. My head whipped to the side, and I was shocked at how much force this woman held in her hands.

She stepped away from me, and gave a small hand gesture to the two men. "Finish this traitor off boys, the world will be a better place without her." I cried out at this statement, but was stopped by the blowing punch to my stomach. The hit was only the start, for they kept on coming, pummeling me in all different areas in my body. With each hit, I grew weaker, but my determination to fight back never dimmed. Screaming I tried wrenching myself away from them as one final attempt, but it was no use, their hold on me was too strong.

The two men never said a word, and realizing quickly, the thing they were hiding behind their backs was not an object, but their hands. Stained with blood, they oozed from a previous fight, but I was given no time to worry over this because a kick to my head sent me straight to the floor, where I landed with a loud bump.

Tears were now shedding from my eyes, as the pain was now escalating to a new level. I could only handle this for so much longer, before I was destined to black out. That was what I was hoping for, since it seemed no one would be coming for me anytime soon.

"Please, Carolin-" hit.

"Caroline, pl-" smack.

"Help m-" punch.

I was losing consciousness now, for the stars I had been seeing were appearing by the thousands in front of my eyes. I was back where I was before, on the brink of death, but the only difference was I knew Caroline had no morals to keep me on the brink of death like my family. She had no use for me, and I had caused her so much heartache.

The creeping darkness now made a full appearance as I was pounded into the dark depths of my mind, where I would never awaken from. The last thing that slipped from my mouth was only one word, not a plea, not a cry for help, but a name.

"Brendan."

Then, I was lost in time. For forever?
I had no idea.

***
Holy flying balls of poop! Sorry I've been MIA everyone. This chapter took me so long to write, and even now, I'm still deciding if this is what I thought from the beginning. Even so, I love the way it turned out. Did it surprise any of you? Nah. Prob not, you guys are wiser than Yoda.

-neary17