Life as is

There is nothing special about me really, at four foot nine, I have long brown hair and sky-blue eyes that look gray on a cloudy day. I am your average girl that goes to your average school. I am a straight A student, so school is no big deal for me. I go to school come home then do it all again, everyday same thing. At school, we have the groups that hang out together just as every school does. My group, I think we are called the average group meaning there is nothing special about us.

We have them people that talk down to us and them people that wished they were us. I just want to be me and nothing more.

I live with my father in a nice little house with two stories. We are not rich or poor we are just getting by with what we have. My father works late nights; I try to help him out the best I can. So that was one of the reasons I put out an ad for babysitting. Now I am just waiting for someone to make that call or come up to my door.

I don't have many friends and the ones that call them self my friends just hang around me because they think I am smart. I have one true friend; she is the one that I tell everything to. The one that I know has my back, and I have hers. She is my bestie; I would be lost without her.

Like right now if it weren't for her, I would be in the wrong room. It is Lunch time and as I start to head one way, she pulls me the other. Pulling me into the line of people waiting for their turn to be served.

"Where you at Andi," she asks me

"Sorry I was just thinking," I tell her

"About"

"My job or the one I will have once someone calls."

"You are weird."

"But you love me."

Bea laughs shaking her head; Bea Evergreen is small with light blond hair and baby blue eyes. She looks as if she doesn't belong in the twelfth grade but maybe a couple of years lower. She is one year older than I am and a whole foot taller than I am. Unlike me, she has no curves or breast, nor does she have an ass. Yeah, she is that flat, but she is beautiful, and I wouldn't change a thing about her.

"Only because you're my best friend."

I smile

"Watch it nerd" I am interrupted by Jordan Hamm the school's most popular student or at least she thinks.

She is tall with all the right curves in all the right places all the girls want to be her except me. I don't want to be anything like her; she's a total witch with a capital B.

"Sorry" I roll my eyes

"Whatever"

"Snob" Bea whispers

I try not to laugh

"What you call me" Jordan turned toward us looking at Bea

"I called you a...." Bea starts.

"She didn't call you anything Jordan, move on we're blocking the line," I snap at her.

"Don't snap at me," she hisses.

"Look We don't want a fight we just want to get our food and sit down like the rest," I tell her

She opens her big mouth to say something.

"Hey babe what's the holdup" Jacob Kid saves the day

"Nothing," Jordan says shaking her head "Just two stupid people won't shut up."

"Come on babe let's get our things," He tells her putting a hand on her back

Bea and I watch as they walk away