Waking up

The whole week after that I tried my best to ignore him, saying as little to Jacob as possible. I couldn't believe that I had offered myself to him. I don't think that he could believe it either. He didn't say anything about what happened that day.

In the back of my head, though I still felt that I owed him, I didn't tell him that, though.

It was a Wednesday night, and I was waiting for Jacob to get off. It was already past time for him to be there. I had already fed and bathed Sabrina and then tucked her into bed. Now I pass the floor waiting for Jacob.

I had tried to call him at least twenty times but nothing. I finally set down, looking up at the clock for the umpteenth time. It was past midnight when the knock comes. I jump from my seat running to the door. I swing the door open then freeze.

"Oh my, God Jacob what the  hell happened."

He stands before me with a busted lip and black eye.

"Don't worry about it" he sounded angry

I grab his arm pulling him into my kitchen

"Is this what took you so long."

"I got mugged," he says not wanting to tell me

I look at him

"Did they take your things?" I ask as he sits on a stool

"Yeah, everything I had including my keys and car."

I turn going to the sink, I get a rag from the cabinet and wet it.

"How did you get here."

"I walked, I'm fine really," he tells me

I turn back to him taking the few steps that separate us; he starts to stand.

"Sit down" I demand

He winces as I dab the rag at his swollen lip.

"Thank you," he says

I smile

"How are you and Sab going to get home."

"I was hoping you would take us" his lips touched my fingers as he spoke

I nod

"Of course, I'll take you home."

He goes to stand once again; I can see the pain on his face as he hisses.

"Let me see," I tell him

"What," he asks confused

"Take your shirt off and let me see."

"I'm ok really."

"No your not your hurt" I grab his shirttail pulling up above his waist.

"What are you doing," he asked

"They got you good," I say looking and feeling of his bruised ribs "Come on," I tell him

"Where are we going," He asks as he stands once more

"To my bathroom."

He gives me a look, and I grab his arm

"Come on," I tell him again

I drag him up the stairs into my bathroom.

"Ok, your going have to take it all off," I tell him pulling at his shirt "So I can see all your cut's and bruises."

I turn from him to get a towel and washcloth from the closet

"Are you sure about this?" he asked