At the Museum

Jacob didn't ignore me at school; he flirted with me instead. He and Blake had joined Bea and me at our table, along with a few others. We didn't talk about what we spoke of that night not yet. I could tell Jacob was trying to figure out where he belonged; I could see that he fought with his urges. It had been a good week, we all had a good time and then the weekend came.

I set on the front porch watching Sabrina play in the sandbox. Jacob had been called into work that morning and asked if I would keep Sabrina for him. I smile as I see a black BMW pull up into my driveway.

"Hey," Bea says as she climbs the porch

"Hi"

"How are things," she asked

"Fine" I give her a look that says where's this going

"So everything between you and Jacob is fine."

"Jacob's trying to find himself, and I am doing great waiting on him."

She smiles

"He wants you, Andi," she tells me

"Bea, I don't want to be the girl he comes to just because he want's to get his dick wet. I don't want to be his side woman, his fuck buddy or his friend with benefits. I want more."

"So what are you going to do just wait for him."

"Yes, as long as it take's."

She smiles, turning to look out at Sabrina

"She's so cute," Bea says

"Yeah"

"She doesn't look like him."

"But she acts like him sometimes."

She laughs

"She calls me mommy sometimes, I don't think she realizes she does it. And I don't tell Jacob."

"You really care for her" Bea states

"I love her" I look over at Bea "I skipped three of my monthly."

She looks at me

"Andi..." she starts to question

"I have a doctors appointment Monday."

"Does Jacob know."

"I haven't told him yet."

She sits in the chair beside me looking out at Sabrina once more.

"You want me to come with you."

"I thought of asking him to come with me."

"Thought" it's a question

"I might be a little scared."

She gives me a pitty smile

"I think he will be ok with it if you ask him," she says

"If I decide not to tell him just yet I'll take you with me," I tell her

We set for awhile watching Sabrina play; then we go all go in, and I fix lunch. Bea leaves after lunch, Sabrina and I crawl up on the couch together watching cartoons. I have just got up to get something from the kitchen when Jacob knocks on the door; I let him in continuing to the kitchen him behind me.

"How was Sab today," Jacob asked me

"She was good; we played outside for a while."

"Do you mind watching her tomorrow."

"You have to go in again."

"Yeah"

"No I don't mind, Bea came to visit today."