Meet Me

They never found the guys that mugged Jacob. So he never got his other stuff back. I felt sorry for him, so I let him slide on paying me to keep Sabrina for a week or two. We go on like normal, go to school in the morning then he brings Sabrina to me in the evenings, and before I realize it another week has just about passed.

It's a Tuesday; I am setting with Bea in the lunch room. It had been a long day; the classes seem to go on and on. I was happy when lunch came so I could set down and not have to think about what goes into twenty-six and what happened to George Washington in 1799.

Bea had mentioned something about a dance that's coming up, so we set talking about it.

"I'm staying at home," I tell her

"Why"

"No one's going to ask me, so way go."

"We could go together because no one's asking me either."

I smile at the idea

"I think I will just stay home," I tell her

"Alright I'll come over, and we'll make it a girls night."

"You should go."

"You don't want me to hang out with you."

"Someone might ask you."

"Naw no one's asking me, I'll come hang with you."

I smile at her

"Alright but what if some hot guys ask you out."

"Then I might go what if some hot guy ask you out."

"I'll go."

She laughs at me.

"Hey Andi," Mitch Wade says standing beside Bea

"Mitch"

Mitch is one of the average students he has a good head on his board shoulders.

"Bea," he says looking down at her

"Hey," Bea says looking up at him

"I was wondering if you could help me with that test that's coming up in Mrs. Kirk's class."

"Sure, have a seat."

He sits down beside her, while they are studying I am eating. I get a bump on my back and look behind me; Jacob stands his back to me, and I see a note that he has stuck out of his arm. I take it reading it.

'Meet me in B-block' it reads

I fold the paper and stick it in my pocket. After lunch, I head to B-block. Jacob isn't there when I get there, so I stand looking out the window.

"It looks like it might storm."

I jump turning toward Jacob

"Yeah," I say "You wanted to see me."

He turns from me as he talks

"I have a problem."

"I'm listening."

"I know that I owe you for the last two weeks, but the thing is I just changes jobs. And their not going to pay me until next week."

"I got an electric bill coming up," I tell him

He turns to me

"I understand, and I promise you that next week I will pay you everything I owe you."

"So I'll basically be keeping Sabrina for nothing."

"I'll pay you another way," Jacob says

I turn looking out the window once again