Days

I closed my eyes when I did it

I felt the jolt of my arm from the kickback of the gun.

  I heard his body topple off me, collapsing onto the ground.

  And I kept my eyes closed as guards grabbed me, attempting to pull me off the sand. I couldn't bring myself to look at what I've did.

  What have I done, I thought.

  That's the only thing that went through my head as they dragged me across the desert floor, opening the truck door, and tossing me inside. I slowly sat up, finally prying my eyes open. There were no windows, luckily, no way for me too look at the scene I just left.

  I heard scratches and thuds as Cranks attacked our car, and the soldiers quickly asked for my hands. I obediently offered them as they latched handcuffs around my wrists. I leaned against the wall of the truck and focused my breathing.

  Movement caught my eye as one of the soldiers climbed in and sat across from me. The door locked and I felt the truck  jolt as we started to move forward, and he finally took off his mask to reveal his entire face, rather than just his eyes.

  He set his helmet down next to his weapon, which he did not seem too eager to use, and he looked at me.

  His eyes were a dark green, almost mossy, and his sweaty black hair a complete mess. He was young, in his late twenties probably, for not a sign of aging lied on his face.

  "Jeremy," He said, voice low and gloomy.

  I nodded. "Olivia." I squeaked out. Although he knew that.

  He tried to offer a small smile. "You're a brave one." He whispered. "Very brave."

  I could see sorrow and pity in his eyes, as if he felt bad for me that I have to be put through this.

  "It's about a four hour drive," He said. "Of course they don't bother to offer us pillows or blankets." He gave a faint chuckle.

  I just stared at the floor, an empty feeling flooding my chest.

  It was silent for a few minutes until he asked one last thing.

  "Did you kill him?"

  I merely nodded my head.

  And thought to myself,

  What
  Have
  I
  Done?