Chapter 4

Beth helped me make the boys some sandwiches and stuck around for an hour or so longer harassing me the whole time on the Pros of why I should continue my illicit affair until I kicked her out. That woman could be somewhat of a handful at times, okay most of the time, but I loved her despite her flaws.

I went upstairs so I wouldn't end up witnessing Tyler having some make-out session that would want me to wash my eyes out with bleach. It's just as bad as walking in on your parents as a kid. The picture stays burnt in your memory flashing back from time to time like a recurring nightmare. A horror so frightening it's more disturbing than a Rob Zombie movie. I also didn't want to walk in on Jayce foundling some little slut. Why did the idea of him being with someone other than me bother me so much? I swore to myself that I was leaving whatever it was between us alone but I couldn't seem to get him out of my head. It didn't help that we were currently living under the same roof with him literally sleeping feet away from me every night. I wasn't sure if I was keeping my doors locked when everyone went off to bed to keep him out, or to keep me from doing something I would regret.

I decided I would spend my time in lock up buried in online books. I wasn't much in the mood for watching television since everything I use to watch quickly began to bore me after a few episodes and I had seen every movie made in the last twenty years. I walked over to my stereo hooking up my phone and opened up my Spotify account. I put my favorite playlist of trance music on turning up the volume loud enough to drown out any unwanted sounds that would come from downstairs and plopped down on my bed. My back sat up against my headboard with some pillows in between propping me up comfortably with my knees halfway bent up and my feet flat on the mattress.

Now that I had gotten into my reading position I reached over to the side of my bed opening up my night stand drawer to grab my tablet. When I picked it up an old photo of me and Daniel came sliding out of the back. I hadn't used my tablet in two weeks forgetting that I had put that picture in there. I thought we looked so perfect together in the photo, me smiling while he planted a kiss on my cheek. Now I wanted to stab his face out with a pen looking down at him. My eyes began to water, I felt the tears starting to build up trailing down my cheeks. Before I knew it I was in full blown waterfall mode with my eyes swelling to where I could barely open them from all the puffiness. I balled up in my bed holding my knees up against my chest whimpering with my head hung down in between.

I wallowed in my sorrows feeling that piercing pain shoot through my heart yet again from that asshole. I picked up my tablet and flung it across the room shattering it against the wall with a loud thud without thinking it through. I was just so angry and hurt I wanted to break something.

"Is everything okay up there?" Jayce yelled out from the living room.

Shit! I was so tangled up in my grief and anguish I forgot I wasn't the only one in the house. Great, that was the last thing I needed was to ruin Tyler's little date and to have Jayce see me like this.

I tried composing myself so I could give a convincing response before someone came upstairs but it was too late. I couldn't seem to pull myself together and then the knock came rapping on bedroom door.

"Mia let me in, are you alright in there?" Jayces deep voice blared through in worry.

"I'm fine Jayce, don't worry about me," I sniffled uncontrollably not able to hide my sobbing wails.

I could hear the knob handle starting to twist with the door opening behind it. Damn it, I didn't lock my door. I didn't think there was a need with the boys preoccupied with company. Jayce walked in with a concerned look coming in close to me until he took a seat on my bed wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

I fell into him with my head burrowed into his chest soaking his black t-shirt with my tears.

"I'm sorry, it just hurts so much," I cried feeling some comfort as he embraced my body. Somehow he held some warmth I needed to feel so badly.