Chapter 14

My eyes started to peer slightly open taking in my surroundings. From what it looked like I was at Greater Baltimore Medical Center which I recognized immediately from the window view since that was where I had given birth to Tyler. I could see Charles Street with it's busy daily traffic as I lay in bed with an IV and monitors connected feeling a little woozy.  When I looked over in the other direction there besides me was Tyler seated in the hospital chair with his head lying down on crossed arms on the side of my bed resting. His manly snores awaking me as I gazed upon him watching him sleep. 

I started leafing my fingers through his thick brown hair with his freckled face lowered trying not to wake him but his head slowly raised up awakened by my touch.

"Mom?" he called to me lifting his head with his eyes swelled and puffy like he had been crying, something he rarely ever did. 

"Hey baby," I let out under my breath moving my hand down to his face gently caressing his cheek with my fingers. My beautiful boy looked so sad waking from his sleep. It made me wish I could just cradle him in my arms giving him a kiss to make him feel better like when he was little. I had heard on the radio that a recent pole said mommy kisses actually made things worse but I'll still never believe that. 

"I'm sorry for doing this to you letting you get so depressed your fainting because you can't even eat. I just don't know how to accept this. You know, you and Jayce," his voice became sullen as he stared down to the dotted tiled floor.

"Tyler I love him, he makes me happy. I need you to be okay with that," it was time for me to start standing up for myself. I knew now I wasn't going to lose our bond over my relationship with Jayce but a new revolution occurred. Things would never work if Tyler and Jayce couldn't find a common ground and put their differences aside. There couldn't be this constant undying tension between the two of them if Jayce and I were to have a future. I couldn't continually be worried that every time they were together in the same room that one of them would erupt on the other like an exploding volcano ready to scorch everything in it's path.

Before we could further the conversation a knock came at the door with it slowly gaping open as Jayce walked in from behind.

He ignored Tyler's presence looking over to me smiling a delicate grin like I was the only one who could bring such joy to his face. My cheeks grew flushed so enamoured that someone so perfect would gaze upon me with such admiration.

Tyler moved up from his seat with a grunt of dissatisfaction that he made no qualms of concealing and then leaned over my bed giving me a heartfelt hug.

"I'm going to go now. We can talk later, love you," Tyler spoke placing a peck on my forehead before leaving.

"Love you to," and then he pulled back from me striding towards the door giving Jayce a quick look of discontent before he completely made his way out.

"I see he's finally loosening up to you, you're still breathing," I joked with a chuckle.

"Glad to see you still have your sense of humour beautiful," and then Jayce took the empty seat besides me that Tyler had just been in. Without hesitation he took my hand in his leaning over. Before he sat he brushed my hair off to the side with his other coddling my cheek with his firm fingers bringing himself in for a simple kiss. My eyes closed and I took in a deep exhale taking in his touch I had so longingly missed. In an instance those absent butterflies that fluttered inside had been restored.