Chapter 9

A/N Please don't forget to vote and comment. I listen to your feedback. I know things have calmed down lately but will be heating back up soon! I think these last two chapters were necessary to the story but if there's something you don't like let me know:)

 The L word still hadn't been discussed but I knew what we had just done wasn't just sex. I avoided bringing it up as we got redressed to go out for another surprise Jayce had planned. I knew if I let the words come out of my mouth I wouldn't be able to take them back making it so much more real. It wasn't that I didn't relish in the idea that we could be happy together but the fear of the next step was what was overwhelming me.

"Oh Tyler by the way, me and Jayce are having sex but it's okay because we're in love," and then the WBAL news broadcast would flash through my head next. "Breaking news at 5:00, another violent murder hits Baltimore County, some say it was a crime of passion, some say it was domestic violence that played a part. Details still yet unknown."

"Mia!" I heard Jayce yell breaking me away from my obscure nightmare.

"Sorry, my mind has a way of getting away from me," I complied obviously shaken up as my words came out distant.

"What's wrong, is it something I did? You can talk to me you know," he took hold my of hand gently caressing my skin with his as we stood by the front door ready to leave.

"Is this because I told you I love you?" He pried even deeper opening up the discussion I wanted to avoid and at the same time clearly confessing his love without uncertainty.

"Come on, let's sit and talk," he didn't give me chance to respond leading us over to the sofa seating us down while he still stroked the top of my hand with his.

"I love you too," the sentiment finally released but the tears followed immediately after streaming down my cheeks.

"But you love Tyler and you're worried because you know we really have to tell him now," his words were filled with compassion and understanding.

"Yea, I'm so scared of how this is going to affect him. Being in love shouldn't be so complicated but somehow it is and it sucks." I was in admiration as his soothing affection warmed me throughout but I couldn't even revel in it I was too disturbed.

"Just remember, Tyler never played a part in us meeting. We did that on our own. There was no way either of us could have seen any of this coming that night. I just knew when I woke up that morning and you were gone I was at a loss. I've had my one night stands but for some reason I couldn't forget about you. You were so strong and commanding, you weren't afraid to do or say what you wanted. You were unlike any other woman I've known or would ever meet. The only thing I've ever seen you afraid of is hurting Tyler which only draws me into you even more." Then he held his hands out mid air with his head nodding, " and the sex, you could put porn stars to shame, not that I'm talking from experience of course. I'm only going by what I've seen on the internet."

"Damn you Jayce," I chuckled wiping away my tears,"you always have a way of cheering me up even when I don't know if I want to be."

"We have a couple of days left before he get's back home. We'll figure things out by then but now it's our time to enjoy ourselves without worry," he offered reassuringly as he brushed a strand of hair behind my ear kissing away my tears. I dissolved under his lips heeding his words. We only had a couple of more days left and I needed to make the most of them. His power over me always clouding my decisions having me following my heart which in our case wasn't necessarily always the right choice.

" Okay, but where are you taking me? What if somebody sees us?"

"Mia sometimes your paranoia makes me wonder if you don't have a bomb shelter hidden underneath this house. My friend's don't hang out at this place, we'll be fine." He laughed.