Chapter 17

Andrea raced to the scene of the accident like she was driving in a Nascar sprint cup which I couldn't be more thankful for. If I had been driving I would have drove just as fast needing to know if Jayce was okay.

My body shook profusely in fear that I could lose him if I already hadn't but somehow those undeniable senses that peaked in inconspicuously convinced me that he was alright but the tears still flowed down my cheeks.

Andrea pulled up to the accident with ambulances and fire trucks surrounding. I immediately saw Jayce seated on a stretcher in the back of an emergency vehicle on the stretcher.

Before the car was completely stopped I unbuckled myself and flung the door open jumping out of the passenger side without haste. I ran to the red and white lighted vehicle ignoring the paramedic besides Jayce checking his vitals. My arms swung around his neck as my lips kissed all over his face frantically relieved that he was alive.

"Jayce! I was so worried you weren't going to be okay. I don't think I could handle losing you again, at least not like this. I love you so much." My lips kept pressing against his face with the realization that he might have never been in my arms again.

"Mia I'll never leave you I swear. I love you too and could never leave you alone," His fingers leafed through my hair as his eyes locked into mine with nothing but true love intensely scouring into me.

"Are you okay? What happened?" I asked in concern placing another peck on his forehead as my hands ruffled and pulled through his short dark locks sitting besides him on the stretcher.

"It was just a fender bender, I'm fine baby," He complied taking my cheek into his hand as he brought his lips onto mine licking across my bottom one as his teeth took it in with a gentle nibble. I felt his tongue swipe above demanding entrance into my mouth as his overpowering dominance took way taking over my lips and tongue.

"Don't ever scare me like this again," I asserted pulling away from his lips pressing my wet face into his shoulder hugging him dearly and then Andrea and Neal's voices made way.

"Jayce oh my god! You had me so scared!" Andrea called out pushing me aside and wrapping her arms around Jayce's neck taking my place.

"Son, you had us all worried," Neal's eyes teared like a true loving father as he stood there in relief but still shaken by the whole ordeal.

"Everything's fine, you don't have anything to worry about you guys. I'm okay and I'm not dying."

"Well I'm not letting you out of my sight for the rest of the night!" I commanded.

I looked over to Andrea expecting her to intervene but she didn't. She just sat there quietly with no issues.

"Okay Mia, I've got it. We can go back to my dad's and you can watch over me and see that I'm perfectly fine and stop worrying," Andrea had already released her hold on him standing off to the side of the stretcher while Jayce pulled me back in close.

"I'll go wherever you want me to as long as you're there," I was ready to say yes to anything he asked as long as I was with him to know he was safe after such a scare.

"Give me a second Mia to talk to my sister and dad," Jayce spoke taking my hand gently into his.

"Alright," I agreed pulling away and exiting the ambulance taking a nervous stance along the sides.

"I love you Mia," Jayce called before letting go of my hand not caring what Neal and Andrea thought.

"I love you too," I responded forgetting about all the people around us.

Impatiently I awaited until Andrea walked up to me on the side of the emergency vehicle. "I don't apologize often but when I'm wrong I'm wrong. The way you acted when you heard Jayce got into an accident wasn't fake. You do really care for my brother and I can see that now. I'm sorry for misjudging you," Andrea sincerely apologized.

"It's okay, I can see where you were coming from. I'm just glad you can see that I really do love him and I'm not trying to take advantage. Jayce is amazing and he makes me happy in a way I thought was never possible," I knew from the expression on her face not much more needed to be said.

Andrea walked away with a small smile from my response as I made way back to the inside of the truck where Jayce sat. Neal had apparently left also leaving me alone with Jayce still seated on the bed.

I patiently waited as the paramedics finished checking Jayce out and cleared him to leave. We all had to take Andrea's car back as Jayce's truck was left undrivable having to be towed.

The entire way back I sat silently in the back Jayce by my side with my head rested on his shoulder and my arm wrapped tightly around his waist.

When we got back to the house we got resettled and had a nice peaceful dinner without the unwanted tension that had occurred earlier between me and Andrea when we first arrived. After dinner Jayce went off with his father and I sat in the living room with his sister.

Andrea and I spoke getting to know each other until Jayce and his father returned and we all chatted for another hour or so until the sun started to go down.

"It's starting to get late. I think Mia and I should start to head out now," Jayce said as me, him, and Andrea sat on the couch while his father sat across from us on the recliner.

"Glad you were able to stop by and it was nice to finally meet you Mia," Neal spoke while we all stood.

"Yea it was nice meeting you Mia," Andrea added in before turning to Jayce giving him a hug.

"Thank you for a lovely dinner and I'm happy I got the opportunity to meet you both," I politely said reaching out shaking Neal's hand in gratitude.

"You're very welcome," Neal complied nodding his head with a smile. 

"So little sis, going to give your big brother a ride home?" Jayce asked still in his sister's embrace.

"Of course," and then we all went out to the car after finishing our good-byes with his father heading back to the apartment.

  To my surprise when we arrived Andrea got out of the car and gave me a hug assuring me of her approval .Then she moved over to her brother and said her farewells hugging him too before she got back in her vehicle and drove away.

Jayce and I entered his complex making our way up the elevator to his third floor apartment. When we got inside we went straight to the sofa and put on a movie (our daily boring routine when we weren't out and about or having a good time in the bedroom.)

"See that wasn't so bad was it?" Jayce smiled at me as we leaned back on the couch in the living room sitting side by side.

"Oh no, you getting into a car accident was nothing. Being scared out of my witts is always a good day in my books," I replied sarcastically with one eyebrow raised.

"Come here," he chuckled grabbing me by my hips pulling me down onto his chest. With my back pressed against his front side he took one hand to my cheek so I faced him placing a hard rough kiss against my lips. I know I've mentioned it before but God I loved his kisses. They were either soft and gently or harsh and demanding but always executed with preciseness and skill never coming off sloppy and desperate.

With the scare I had today it was another reality check. Losing Jayce wasn't in the cards for me, emotionally the idea tore me to pieces but we still had one more barrier to overcome when it came to him and Tyler. His family was now accepting to me but my family needed to be welcoming also with no conflicts. I knew my parents and sister wouldn't need much winning over but as always Tyler needed to cool off and for good this time. I wasn't looking forward to coming home but the day was nearing. 

Jayce's kisses were some what settling shutting me up blocking my fears as we continued locking lips in the living room until the exhaustion kicked in minutes after from all the commotion the day had brought. I fell asleep in his solid arms as we both spent the night sleeping on the sofa never making it to the bedroom.