Part 2

Part 2

Alex’s POV

I was now waiting outside the doors, where John would lead me down the aisle to Alec. I was panicking, slightly, which I was told not to do, because it would sweat my make-up off. John came and saw me freaking out.

“Relax, Alex. This is our big time, don’t worry. We’ll all make sure nothing goes wrong. You’ve got Bells, Olive, Brendan, and Oscar all on standby, making sure nothing goes wrong, that’s got to be reassurance, enough.” John tried to reassure.

“It’s not that, I’m not worried about the wedding, I’m sure everything is going to go perfectly. I’m just worried about after the wedding, our future. What’s it going to be like? What are we going to do? How are we going to do it? What’s going to get in our way, which I know there’s going to be something?” I voiced my concerns.

John put his hands on my shoulders, 6 months ago, I probably wouldn’t have let him do that, but he and Stephanie had really helped, they were really trying to be my mom and dad, plus Andrew and Suzy already thought of them as our parents, that just weren’t related, so I thought I should join the bandwagon, and I really can’t hold a grudge long.

“Don’t worry about that right now. Cross that bridge when the time comes, sweetie. It’s not like you have to think about everything all the time, you’re just one person.” John soothed.

“If I don’t think about it now then it’s going to escape my mind later, and then when it become pressing enough I’m going to wish I had thought about it before.” I rejected his plan.

“Well, maybe you don’t have think about this instant. You’re getting married. It’s supposed to be a happy moment.” John tried again.

I sighed and the music came on. I took John’s arms and the doors opened. As soon as the doors opened and I saw Alec, all my worries and thoughts disappeared. I think it was many that I had been away from him longer than usual that was just making me worry. I walked down the aisle and over to Alec. John let me go and handed me off to Alec, as we stood at the altar.

When the vows and speeches were all done, Alec and I were finally married. We shared a brief kiss and the crowd erupted into a wild explosion. Alec and I laughed at the excitement and happiness going around.

We had moved to the reception, at a different location. The first dance, of the newly wedded couple, had started. Alec and I had spent forever trying to perfect this dance. Both of us, it seems, had two left feet.

“You’ve become very good at this, Alec.” I whispered.

I had my arms around his neck and he had his hands around my waist. We had danced first, and now we were just swaying to the music.

“Why thank you, Mrs. Green.” Alec whispered in my ear, blowing his sweet, minty breath in my ear.

I shivered involuntarily and tightened my hands around his neck to keep from falling, as my knees turned to jelly.

“Mhm, I like the sound of that.” I told him.

“Good, it’s your new name, forever.” Alec whispered, forever in such a way.

“May I cut in?” Andrew’s voice came from behind Alec.

Alec politely handed me over to Andrew, and went over to dance with little Suzy, who had grown a lot since then. I smiled as I saw Alec pick up Suzy and put her down on his toes, swaying her, since she didn’t know how to dance.

“You made a good choice, big sis.” Andrew started.

“Thank you, I thought so too.” I replied.