Part 5

Recap: 

I knew for a fact that there was something not right about Selene and Tyler. It doesn’t change anything, I still love them, and I will still do whatever I can to protect them and keep them safe, but I know there’s something wrong.

For right now, I let everyone think that I believed Zane and Jack, that Selene and Jack were completely normal, for having us as parents. I knew something was about to go down, and I was going to prepare myself

Alright, I know that this isn't very long but the next chapter will be Tyler and Selene so I didn't want to give away too much. Thanks for reading guys. 

Part 5

Alec’s POV

Days went by, completely normally, and I knew nothing would go wrong. I was just happy that our kids could live as normally as possible. Well as normal as you could get with the two most powerful people ever as your parents, and you having inherited their powers

I don’t know why, but Alex was acting strange. I don’t understand why she doesn’t trust Zane and Jack they’re the wisest people I know. Maybe it’s just her intuition or a mother’s feelings, but I hope she gets over it.

Everything was completely normal, till one morning.

“Alec! Wake up!” Alex woke me up in the middle of the night.

I was instantly alert, ready to attack, as my body went into action. I found Zane and Jack in our rooms. I relaxed a little bit, since I knew there was no immediate danger. I rubbed my eyes, sleepily.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked, tired.

“We’re terribly sorry to wake up at such a crude hour.” Zane started.

Heck yeah, it was 3am in the morning; everyone in the pack was asleep, even if it was Saturday.

“But we have some urgent and very pressing news.” Jack said his voiced coated with urgency.

I was back to being instantly alert. I sighed and got up.

“Follow me.” I said, as I put on a shirt.

I was already in my boxers. I left Alex to get dresses while I led them to the living room. Alex was right behind me in a bit.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, curious.

Usually Zane and Jack would make sure it was a decent hour to come talk to us, unless it was the end of the world serious, so I was assuming it was.

“We apologize for waking you up so early and on a weekend none the less.” Jack started.

“But this cannot wait until morning, I’m afraid.” Zane continued.

“What is it?” Alex said, worried.

Her mother instincts were turning on, I could tell, so I made her sit down. She leaned her head against my chest and we waited.

“It seems that Alex was right when she said that the kids were in some sort of danger.” Jack confirmed Alex’s suspicion.

“I’m not even going to say ‘I told you’,” was Alex’s only response, “What kind of danger are they in?”

I went into parent mode worried.

“The prophecy states ‘The children of the chosen one will be handed a fate similar to their parents. The fate is one of tragedy and casualties. This is a prophecy is tragedy, sadness, love and war.’” Zane recited.

“Wait, how do we know that the chosen ones are us?” Alex asked, perplexed.

“We don’t but we assumed it was.” Jack answered.