Part 17

Part 17

Selene’s POV

            Saturday came by faster than I could have expected. Sooner than I knew it, I had to get ready for the date with Chase. I was panicking slightly because I had nothing to wear, so I had to ask Ash for some suggestions. She had come over the day before to help me but now I thought the outfit was a bit too flashy for the fair.

I made her come over again before she had to help her mom. She rolled her eyes at the weirdness of me. Though she did admit her choice was a bit flashy for the fair. She proceeded to look through my wardrobe, muttering under her breath about my wardrobe choices.

I admit my wardrobe was a little weird. It had normal, everyday clothes and then really fancy dresses, nothing in between. I sighed, thinking I would have to go shopping before the date maybe. She dug through my entire closet before finding a neat, not ripped, pair of jeans and a nice pretty white blouse. It was pretty nice and simple, but it totally worked for the fair. I smiled and hugged her.

“Thank you so much!” I thanked her.

“No problem, girlfriend. You know I got your back.” She smiled at me.

There was something else, however. She gave me the same look Chase and Natalia gave me and Tyler sometimes. They looked a little sad, as if they knew something we didn’t.

“I love you so much, Selene.” Ash squished me against her.

I was shocked. Ash and I knew the other more than anyone else and even ourselves. This was surprising. Ash was hardly the one to show a lot of emotions. She got embarrassed when I hugged her in public.

“Ash, are you ok? Is something wrong?” I asked, concerned.

“No, just make sure you know that.” She smiled at me.

“I don’t think you’re ok. Something is definitely wrong.” I stated, demandingly.

“You worry too much, Selene. Go have fun on your date. Mom said I could only to stay here for a couple minutes.” She said, hugging me again, before leaving.

I shook my head, thinking it was truly nothing. I couldn’t help but feel as if there was something I didn’t know. I sighed. Maybe I did worry too much.

“Selene? Are you dressed?” Mom knocked at the door.

“Yes I am, you can come in.” I told her, grabbing my wallet and purse.

“Oh you’re ready. Great, Chase just arrived.” Mom supplied.

“Oh, he’s early.” I commented.

It was only about 6:45, he planned to get me at 7 actually. The fair started at like 5 and it didn’t really matter. I met him in the living room, where he was talking to my dad.

“When do you plan to bring her back?” Dad asked.

I rolled my eyes. Dad had mentioned he wanted to be the stereotypical kind of father, always interrogating the boyfriend (mate) before he let his daughter go out with him.

“Um, I hadn’t really thought about that. When would you like her home, sir?” Chase tried to compromise.

“Have her home by midnight. It’s only 7 so that should give you about five hours to spend with her.” Dad said, sternly.

“That should be more than enough time, sir.” Chase said, politely.

“Ok, well you guys better be on your way.” Dad said, dismissively.