Part 4

As soon as I finished, I uploaded, because I felt like I needed to. 

Recap: 

You know we’re always here for you, Alex, Alec.” Oscar backed up. 

“Yeah, I know that guys. You have no idea how much of a help you’ve been to Alec and I. Bells and Brendan are always talking care of Tyler and Selene whenever we’re too busy to. Oscar and Olive are always there to give us advice on anything and everything we can’t think or do ourselves. We’re really grateful.” I smiled at my circle of dear friends.

 It looked like everything was going to be ok. It actually felt like Alec and I, plus our kids, were going to have a happy ending. How wrong I was at the time. 

Part 4

Alec’s POV

After we had gotten ready for work, which for Alex and I was just changing out of our pajamas into something decent, we set about our work. Alex and I both worked from home, because we wanted to be home in case something happened. Despite everything going calm after the angel and devil were defeated, Alex and I still hadn’t relaxed. We knew everyone else had and we tried to look as if we had too, but Alex and I felt as if this was just the calm before a storm. It didn’t look like it would last and with Alex and I’s superpowers we didn’t think it would. So we stayed home to make sure everything still ran smoothly, because our 2nd and 3rd in commands had jobs where they couldn’t stay at home.

It was about noon when the home phone rang, and Alex went to go get it.

“Hello, this is Alex Greene, how may I help you?” She smiled.

Alex liked having my last name, now she was included in my family, since she never had a real one. Stephanie and John were the closest thing she had to parents, and even they weren’t there all the time for her.

Alex’s face suddenly turned serious. I started to worry, something was wrong. I could tell. I crept into her mind, not that she noticed.

(Alec, they have powers!!!!!) Alex thought to me.

I didn’t need to guess twice about who “they” were. I sighed.

“Ok, we’ll be right over. Please keep them calm.” Alex said, as she hung up.

I grabbed the keys and we got into my car. As soon as we got there, Alex got out of the car. We raced to the office, to find both Selene and Tyler sobbing. I went to Selene and Alex went to Tyler. We tried our best to get them to stop crying. Once, we had accomplished that, we checked them out.

We got home in about 5 minutes and even gave them something to eat. Alex sighed as she sat down on the couch with me, while Selene and Tyler ate. I put his arm around her and she snuggled up against his chest.

“We didn’t know for sure but now it’s been proven.” She told him

“How could we expect anything less, Alex? You and I are both the most powerful creatures ever. It’s easy to expect them to be the same.” I tried to reason.

“I know, I know. I just kind of hoped it would skip them or something.” She said, hopelessly.

“Don’t worry, in our world its normal. I mean it’s not like there’s some impending doom prophecy for them.” I tried to reassure her.

“They’re our kids, Alec. Need I say more?” She said, staring at me pointedly.

“Ok, ok, I get your point, but remember they’re our kids, not us. So there might be some hope for them.” I reminded her.