Part 11

Recap anyone?

 “I don’t understand.” I cried my head fell into my hands again.

“Alex, you must stay strong. If not for yourself or Alec at least for your children.” Zane spoke, sternly almost angrily.

I wasn’t going to cry but I could feel the tears on the surface. I didn’t pull my head back up.

“What happened with my parents?” I asked, my voice cracking slightly.

Everyone ignored the crack, something I was glad for.

“I think we should tell her now.” Jack spoke directly to Zane. 

“You think she is ready?” Zane asked.

I lifted my head, wondering what they could possibly be talking about.

“Yes,” Jack replied, determined, “she needs to hear this.”

Zane and Jack both sighed. They sat down across from us, ready to tell the story that would put everything into perspective for us. 

Part 11

Alex’s POV

“Your parents weren’t as evil as you assume them to be. They were good people and they still are they just have some unfinished business to attend to.” Jack started the story.

“When your parents first figured out they were going to have you, they immediately started worrying about the Lifest prophecy. Jack and I were the ones that had told them about it, a long time ago, before they had met actually.” Zane was warming up for the story.

I could tell I wasn’t going to enjoy this. I had never enjoyed anything Zane and Jack told me when it was time.

“It was Jack and I’s job to tell your parents about the prophecy, before they met. We were quite young at that time actually. We had been only working for them at the time.” Jack and Zane exchanged glances and I was confused.

“What what? I think there’s something missing here. Like background information, maybe?” I stopped everyone.

Jack and Zane sighed.

“Well she did ask. That means we are supposed to tell her.” Jack said, shrugging.

“But it’s not her time yet, which means she didn’t ask it when she was supposed to.” Zane objected.

“Zane just tell her, or I will.” Jack threatened.

“Jack and I work for the same organization that your parents did. The one that Olive, Bells and Josh worked for, which was why they couldn’t tell you they were your cousins.” Zane explained the background.

“No way, but what is this organization?” I asked.

“The Protection of All Living Creatures or PALC as most people call it is what we work for.” Jack told us.

Alec and I exchanged confused glances. The Protection of All Living Creatures was an organization that kept everyone safe. They were the peace keepers, they were also very secretive. You had to be in PALC to know what was going on, and you also only knew your part. There were several departments, but basically it was like the United Nations of the world, except the United Nations was just for humans, this was for every living creature on the planet.

“Wait, what does PALC want with me?” I asked, worried.

“PALC has a department for supernatural in that department there is a myths section. It’s filled with prophecies and things for the future. You’re prophecy was one of them. See anyone that works for PALC is temporarily immortal. As long as they work for PALC then they are immortal.” Jack started off with the background information.