Part 22

It's short. Ik I'm sorry! 

Part 23

Selene’s POV

Zane and Jack both stopped at the same time. I thought maybe they were planning something but when I caught the one closest to me, Zane, he twitched and turned to face me.

“Alpha, we have a problem!” Zane and Jack spoke with urgency.

“The pack is being attacked! The children are playing outside!” Zane spoke first.

Before either of them knew it, I was teleporting outside, to see the children running away from the rouges at the edges of the woods by the pack house. One of the rouges managed to grab a little child from the hoard of screaming children headed inside. It was a tiny girl named Candy, for her sweet nature. I let a growl of defense erupt from my throat.

“Leave the child. I know what you want.” I shifted immediately.

The cool thing about me being the child of a Lifest was that I could use all four elements. Tyler and I had learned to hone that ability before even our parents. In their defense they had a world to save before they got a chance to catch their breath.

The rouge let go of the child, who ran screaming and crying inside to a pack member that was waiting for her. Just as soon as the door closed, the pack warriors, basically an army pack flanked me, emerging from the woods where they had been patrolling. I had even telepathically sent for the pack doctors to check the borders to make sure no one was injured. The only way rouges could have slipped into our territory would have been if the boarders had been compromised.

“What do you want rouges?” I asked.

The rouges decided to send us the answer by jumping at us. It was such a bad move. Immediately my protective barrier went up. I couldn’t believe these rouges were so stupid as to think that I wouldn’t use my powers. Like I was going to let my pack get hurt because I couldn’t defend them properly.

“Pathetic, I can kill all you with a snap of my fingers yet you attack with no provisions and no back up. How unorganized of you.” I mocked.

One wolf attempted to claw the barrier to which I shocked him with enough power to stun him momentarily.

“Leave, you are unwanted here. Be glad I am allowing you to leave alive.” I commanded.

While these were rouges, they seemed to listen to an alpha command. I wonder why or how. They all turned and left. I wondered why they attempted this attack if they had no backup plan. I think everyone knew by now that our pack had 4 extremely powerful people. One of the wolves, the one that grabbed Candy, dropped a note from his furry little mouth at the edge of the woods before leaving.

I shifted back as the last one of them left, causing my pack warriors to shift back as well. Thank god our parents had invented a fiber made out of wolf hair that seemed to stay on us when we shifted. Literally everyone had this new fiber cloth now. Our parents made a huge profit from it. They never used it because their magic could simply protect their clothes, as could Tyler and I, but the packs sure needed it. No more needing to hide our clothes in the woods or random places. It helped everyone out a lot.

“Ok everyone, inside right now, pack meeting.” I clapped my hand, before extending the shield to the edge of the woods to get the slobbery note. It was a good thing I could get down and dirty or this type of thing would disgust me, I quickly sent the note to the safe room before heading inside myself. As I entered the house, little Candy was crying in the arms of her mother and father. I felt bad that I hadn’t been able to protect her.

“Hey sweetie, how are you feeling?” I asked, materializing a piece of chocolate in my hand for her to take.

She smiled at the cute little trick. Candy was a sucker for tricks like that. I remember because the first time Tyler and I learned how to do them Candy had followed us around for weeks. I loved these kids as if they were my own sometimes. Candy took the treat and hopped off her parents lap to talk to the rest of the kids mingling in the children’s room.