Puzzle Demon

Rubbing his head, Gray realised that Phoenix and Natsu were still knocked out and a confusing maze locked them in the guildhall. "Nix wake up, we need to get out of here!" He spoke coughing up dust and shaking her shoulder.

Slowly, she came round groaning and wiping the blood from her face. Natsu had yet to wake up, his head bleeding and bruised in several places. Realising, Gray hauled him onto his back and began to search for an exit in the maze.

"What's with this maze anyway? Is it some sort of sick joke?" Gray exclaims, his head whipping around frantically. "It's Pazuru. He's a puzzle Mage, sneaky bastard. He even drove someone to insanity once." Phoenix explains, rubbing her head in pain.

"Dammit. Do you know how to get out of it?" He asks. Phoenix shakes her head, "Sorry, I wish I'd paid attention but evil does things to you." Gray sighs in annoyance, looking back down at Natsu. "Come on man. Wake up! If you were awake you could explode this place, it's what you do." Gray whispers not meeting Phoenix's gaze.

All of a sudden, her eyes catch a glance of a small hole in the puzzle. "Hey Gray! Look!" She calls pointing to the hole. "Well done Nix!" He congratulates moving closer to inspect it. "What should we do with it though? It's too small to fit through."

"Gray I suggest you move. Natsu isn't the only one who is a pro at destroying stuff." Phoenix growls her hair turning an icy white, flames licking her skin. Ice collected around her hands, fire laced her skin and her previously black hair had now gone completely white. "WHITE LIGHTNING SMASH ROAR!" She screamed a powerful spell crushing it's way through the wall of the maze, allowing them to run through.

Through the rubble, stood Pazuru and Jellal sneering at the Fairytail members. "Congratulations fairies you made it through the first part of my puzzle. Oh and fire boy is still out cold, how disappointing, I was hoping for a worthy opponent!" Snarled Pazuru pacing around the three. "You bastard! I'll kill you both for what you've done to us!" Screeched Gray sitting Natsu down behind them so he could fight.

Launching himself forward, Gray created an ice spear to pierce Jellal but he quickly dodged it. The battle continued for around an hour, both sides violently attacking the other In order to prevail. However Natsu was still out cold, his wounds continuing to bleed and his head heavily bruised.

A stray guild member had wandered into the fight, noticing Natsu unaccompanied and dragged him off. Chaining him to a chair, he slapped Natsu causing his head to whip round  and him to regain consciousness. "Ph-Phoenix, Gra-ay help me!" Natsu whimpered unable to hold his head up, blood trickling down the side of his face. A fist pummelled into his stomach, blood spurting from his mouth, he couldn't save himself now he was too weak.

Still raging on, Phoenix and Gray battled against Jellal and Pazuru while Natsu continued to recieve punishment from the rest of the guild. Eventually, Gray landed a hit on the dark mages knocking them out cold. "Finally, we can get out of this place and go home!" Puffed Gray turning in his heels to face Phoenix. "Shit Nix where's Natsu? He was right here, someone must of taken him!" Gray spoke rushing out of the room to locate Natsu.

All that could be heard in the guildhall, was the harsh coughs that erupted from Natsu as each punch was landed on him. Phoenix and Gray sped round the corner faced with 20 evil mages and a barely conscious Natsu. " I'm all fired up now Gray so watch me ROAR!" Screamed Phoenix wiping out almost all of the dark magic holders. Three members remained, Gray took one and so did Phoenix, leaving just one to guard Natsu. Seeing them get annihilated by the two fairies, he grabbed a knife from his pocket and plummeted it into Natsu's leg.

Agonisingly shrill screams, engulfed the rooms atmosphere as Natsu cried out weakly. The final guild member was dealt with and Phoenix and Gray ran towards his weak figure. "Shit Natsu what have they done to you? Nix help me unchain him, we need to heal his wounds!" Gray gasped lifting up Natsu's head to inspect his face.

They released him from his restraints and he fell forward, caught just in time by Gray. Slowly, Phoenix pulled the knife from Natsu's leg covering the open wound with Gray's top which he wasn't wearing anyway. Running away from the guild with Phoenix by his side and Natsu on his back, Gray refused to stop until they reached home.

Phoenix would finally be able to see her friends and Natsu could be medically treated. This day had been emotional but they were on their way home and that's all that mattered.