Fairytail Family

Swinging the door of the guildhall open, the two wizards rushed in, Natsu still on Gray's back. All the Fairytail wizards swung their heads round to see what all the commotion was about, mouths gasping at the sight of Phoenix. "Phoenix I'm so glad your back, we were all so worried about you." Mira Jane says while bringing her into a hug which several other members decided to join. Gajeel and Levy cut through the crowds of people knocking Phoenix to the ground in a bone crushing embrace.

"Don't you ever leave us like that again, you hear me! I was worried sick and I..." Shouted Gajeel slowly quietening down sobbing. The three friends sobbed into each other's arms, Phoenix filling them in on everything that had happened.

Gray laid Natsu down on a chair so he could go talk to Master Makorov and Erza about what would happen with the Akuma guild. Everyone was immersed in conversation, welcoming back Phoenix and sorting out problems that still had yet to be solved. Natsu however started to cough and choke, spitting up blood onto the floor. His stab wound hadn't  healed properly and his condition was rapidly deteriorating!

"Wendy hurry child Natsu is dying!" Cried Carla alerting the attention of Phoenix, Gray, Makorov and Gajeel as well. Hurriedly, she ran over placing her hands above his fragile body, healing his wounds. Her magic, although not as strong as the rest, was extremely powerful and could heal almost any wound or injury. However, Natsu had not stopped coughing up blood and occasionally let out whimpers of pain.

Seeing her brother in so much pain caused Phoenix to crumble to the ground, crying. "This is all my fault! Natsu wouldn't be hurt if I hadn't been stupid all those years ago and gone on a mission without him!" She sobbed ripping at her hair, crawling towards her distressed brother.  Makorov demanded that Natsu be taken to the hospital wing immediately, Phoenix allowed to go with him if she calmed down.

Phoenix's POV

Natsu laid there, writhing in pain as Makorov bandaged up his stab wound. I couldn't imagine the torture he must of been through trying to find me and get me home safely. Sat beside his bed, I layed my hand on top of his squeezing it to reassure him that everything would be okay. Hours passed and Makorov said he would be perfectly fine after some rest. Stubbornly, I refused to leave his side eventually falling into an uncomfortable slumber.

Natsu's POV

After sleeping for several hours, my eyes opened slowly taking in the bright lights of the room. Makarov had healed me completely but my body still felt like it had been thrown against a brick wall. Turning my head, I saw Phoenix laid in the chair beside me holding onto my hand. She looked like she had been crying, tear tracks stained her face. Cautiously, I wiped my finger across her face drying the leftover tears. "Nix don't cry I'm perfectly fine!" I cooed as she came to, hugging me. I could sense her crying so I brought her into a tight embrace in which we both refused to let go of each other.

A few days later, and Natsu was back to his usual self, laughing and causing trouble in the guild. Everyone's spirits were soaring and not one face could be seen without a smile... Except one. Gray Fullbuster, the ice maker Mage of Fairytail, had wanted to tell someone something very important for a long time but had never had the guts to say it.

Phoenix's POV

I'm so glad everything was back to normal in the guild, my life was finally returning back to what it used to be. Natsu seemed happier than ever and Gray... Well Gray looked like he had just been told his best friend had died. Watching from across the guildhall, I saw him glance in my direction and then quickly divert his gaze. What on earth was happening with that boy?

"Hey Gray! What's wrong with you lately, you look like someone ran over your dog or something." I snap, making him jump at the sound of my voice. "It's nothing Nix. Leave it." He grumbles back, walking towards the alleyway. "It's not nothing! I hate seeing you like this, there's obviously something wrong with you." I look into Gray's stormy eyes, searching for some sort of answer.

"Nix please..." He breathed weakly, diverting his eyes from mine. Out of anger, my arms surround him, trapping him against the wall. "No Gray! It kills me to see you like this, so if you do not tell me I'm gonna have to-" I'm quickly cut off by Gray placing his lips on mine, cool but soft.
"Nix I'm sorry I-" he begins but I shush him with my finger. "It's fine. Didn't know you had it in you though."  I tease, making him blush.