Death wish

Just hours after the party had come to a catastrophic end, Natsu and Gray had set out in search of Phoenix's parents. "That must be the house Gray. We have to get in there without being noticed, otherwise this whole mission could go wrong!" Whispered Natsu as he pointed out an abandoned haunted looking house. As the two made their way towards the house, they were unaware of two sets of eyes following their every move. "Natsu before we go any further, will you promise me something? No matter what we find in that house, we have to come out alive for Phoenix's sake." Commanded Gray looking the pink haired dragon slayer in the eyes.

"I promise Gray that we will kill them and then both of us will return to the guild where Nix will be up and well." Replied Natsu quickly. Before they knew it, they had arrived at the main entrance of the house, the door swinging by its hinges. Peering inside, glass scattered the length of the floor and silence resonated through the dark corridors. "Well this definitely doesn't look suspicious. Natsu should we head inside and check this place out?" Spoke Gray sarcastically turning around to grab Natsu's arm. However, the pink haired fire dragon slayer wasn't there. His voice could be heard from around the corner cursing at someone or something. "You bastards get back here before I burn your ass to a crisp!"

Running to catch up with his teammate, Gray found Natsu holding onto the door frame, gasping for breath. "Was it them Natsu? Did they hurt you?" Gray asked frantically quickly scanning his friend for any injuries. "Yeah it was them, the bastards ran inside before I could catch up to them but they didn't even touch me surprisingly." Replied Natsu calmly scowling at the darkness inside the abandoned house. Sauntering sneakily into the house, the darkness overwhelmed their surroundings and the pair had to feel around in order to stop themselves from tripping over. "Why is it so bloody dark in here? I can't see a thing except for that stupid glow from  that table over there!" Exclaimed Natsu stopping in his tracks after realising what the glowing was.

In a instance, the pink haired Mage had made his way over to the glowing object, Gray scurrying along after him. "It's Nix's bracelet Gray, we found it and we didn't even have to see her good for nothing parents!" He boasted reaching out to grab the magic strengthening charm bracelet. As his fingers touched the cold metal, a flash sparked into the room and Natsu was no longer there leaving a very confused Gray alone with the bracelet. "What the fuck! Natsu where are you? This isn't the time to be messing about, we have to get back to the guild. You should have at least taken the brac-" Shouted Gray puzzled as to where his guild mate had disappeared to. However, as he touched the bracelet he too disappeared into thin air, this time the bracelet following him.

Gray's POV

I felt sick to my stomach as the bracelet transported me to a dark room somewhere in the house. Across from me stood two figures, laughing and jeering in my direction. Next to me, Natsu stared at them, his eyes burning with fury and anger. "Look I'll give you till the count of 5 to explain to me what the hell just happened or both of you will be a pile of ash!" Seethed Natsu his fists clenched tightly and his breathing staggered. "Poor little ice boy looks a little bit scared and in pain over there don't you think Max. I don't think he realises that the longer he holds onto that stupid bracelet, the more pain will be inflicted on him!" Screeched the women as she stared at me, my eyes trying to avert her gaze but not succeeding.

Phoenix's bracelet had been in my hand since it had transported me here, but I hadn't linked it to the cause of my pain. A sharp knife-like stabbing kept pushing on my hip leaving me breathless and wincing in pain. "N-Natsu they've done something to the bracelet. We can't touch it without being hurt, but Nix needs it..." I cried quickly dropping the bracelet to the ground as the pain intensified. "Prepare to die you sorry excuse for parents! FIRE DRAGON ROAR!" Screamed Natsu charging towards the two figures. All I could do was sit there, trying to think of a way to get the bracelet and get out of here without anyone getting badly injured. "Sand storm attack! Smoke blindness!" Barked Max and Molly pushing Natsu into the wall behind him as a hand clutched itself around my throat.

"So your the ice making scumbag that's dating my bastard child Phoenix then! What a waste of space you are, you can't even defend yourself in a magic battle." Smirked Molly as her clutch tightened around my neck and Max and Natsu battled furiously behind us. Her demeaning words infuriated me and the only way I could think of making a powerful spell was to infuse my ice with my blood. She quickly dropped me to the ground in disgust, throwing a smoke blinding spell into the air to cast her next move. Without thinking, I created an ice spear on my arm and cut into my hip, blood being absorbed into the magic instantly.

Charging forward, I sliced through Molly's back, her body slumping forward hitting the floor with a thunderous bang. Natsu and Max stopped fighting, their eyes transfixed on me and Molly's now dead body. "Now Max what is it to be, either take the cursed charm off the bracelet or you'll have the same fate as your dear wife Molly here!" I sneered menacingly, the anger and adrenaline rushing through my body. Before anyone could say anything, the bracelet began to glow with an iridescent purple light, the dark aura being sucked from it and into.... Molly's body. "It was Molly that did all this. She stole the bracelet, she cursed it and she was the one who wanted to abuse Phoenix that day. I never wanted a part in her hatred for our daughter but I was threatened with my life!" Spoke Max emotionless as he handed the bracelet to Natsu who was stood bewildered at the mans confession.

After learning of Phoenix's parents fighting and the trouble that Max went through, we decided it would be best for everyone if he was locked in solitary confinement for a while to make sure he could be allowed into society again. Meanwhile, the magic council came and took Molly's body to be buried and me and Natsu headed back to the guild with Nix's bracelet in hand.