Home sweet home

Phoenix's POV

Opening my eyes to look at my surroundings, I spot Lucy sat on the floor next to me. "Hey Nix. You feeling better?" She asks, smiling. "Yeah thanks Luce, although it does feel as though I've taken a huge beating to the brain." I joke, sitting up against the guild hall wall.

"That's understandable, I mean your magic power got drained by those weirdos!"
"And those weirdos are my parents. I can't believe my own flesh and blood would do something so hurtful to their own daughter." I say bowing my head in sadness and realisation. "Hey now, it's okay. You're nothing like them and you never will be!"

All of a sudden, the guild hall doors slam open, making Lucy and I jump. "Nix? Is Nix here?" I here Gray ask from the doorway. Shooting to my feet, I run over to them. "Gray, Natsu where the hell have you been?" I ask the two of them taking in their battered states. "Getting your birthday present of course." Natsu states holding out my silver bracelet. "Oh my god guys you got it back! Thank you both so much." I cry engulfing them both in a tight hug. Slipping it on my wrist, I feel my magic power returning to me all at once. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Gray eyeing me up, noticing my change in clothing.

"See something you like?" I ask flirtatiously. He smirks, "You look damn good in my clothes." Laughing at his remark, I reply hastily. " Yeah well, it was the only set lying around, seen as though you never wear you clothes in the first place. Not that I mind of course." Gray laughs at my comment, pulling me by my waist to meet his body with mine. "Now for the best birthday present. In my opinion of course." With that, Gray's lips connect with mine, igniting a fire within my chest that warms me from the ground up. In instinct, my arms wrap themselves around his neck, bringing him closer.

"Okay you two, get a room for god sakes." Gajeel comments, barely keeping in a smirk. I turn to Gray laughing, "This has certainly been a birthday to remember." I say, stroking back his dark blue hair. Cradling my cheek, Gray stares back at me "You're telling me. Happy 20th birthday Nix I love you." I couldn't be happier with my my Fairytail family. Natsu my amazing brother who has stayed by my side through everything  and Gray the one person who gives me butterflies every time I see them.

2 years later

After everything had been resolved with Phoenix's parents, Fairytail became the strongest guild in Fiore.