Secrets

Walking out of the guild, Natsu started to make his way back home when he realised he had forgotten to tell Phoenix where he was going. Spinning on his heels, he heard a strange noise coming from the alleyway. Sneakily peeking his head round, he was faced with the site of Gray kissing Phoenix, embracing her in a tight hold and then whispering in her ear.

Enraged, he stormed up to them yanking the pair apart. "What the fuck Gray you can't just go round kissing people, especially my little sister!" Hissed Natsu while gripping onto Gray's collar. "She's 19 for god sakes Natsu she can make her own decisions. And if she really didn't want me to kiss her she would have pushed me away." Growled Gray in response shoving the Fire Mage off him.

Phoenix's POV

I stared dumbfounded at the pair as they continuously argued back and forth. First I find out Gray likes me and then Natsu comes along and ruins it for me. "Gray your so fucking clueless aren't you! She's my little sister I'm going to protect her from getting hurt and I know what your like you'll end up hurting her feelings!" Screamed Natsu glaring at Gray and feebly pointing his finger in my direction. "Natsu she's not even your sister, so stop lying to yourself!" Fired Gray an icy glint in his eye.

Everything stopped. My throat dried up and I couldn't find the oxygen to breath. What was Gray saying? I was Natsu's sister, he was just lying to get the upper hand in the argument. "N-Natsu is that true?" I stuttered looking over at the stunned wizard. "Nix I'm so sorry I didn't tell you before, I just thought it was for the-" he cried before I slapped him hard across the face and ran. To where, I didn't know but I needed to get far away from that lying bastard! 

After endlessly running for hours, my feet felt like I had walked over hot coals and my head was spinning both from confusion and exhaustion. I refused to go home or to the guild because if Natsu wanted to find me, they would be the first places he would look. All this time I thought he was my only family member left and he wasn't... I'm all alone in this fucked up world. Forgetting to look where I was going, I tripped over a rock and went flying down a hill. On the way, I whacked my head of a nearby tree and fell into darkness.

Natsu's POV

For so long I had entrusted Gray with my darkest secret but he had to blurt it out in front of Phoenix. After slapping me, she ran out of the alleyway crying, ripping my heart out in the process. I had to find her no matter how long I searched, because even if she wasn't my sister, I loved her like one and I always wanted to protect her! Coming up to a forest, I saw a dark aura leaking through the trees brandishing the wood with its ink like slickness.

Edging towards its source, my nose picks up a vile stench. "You with the rancid stench! Come out now and I won't burn your ass!" I hiss, my hand turning to flame. To my confusion, a soft blue smoke arises from the bushes and blows directly into my face. "What the-" I'm not able to finish my sentence, when my eyes start to feel heavy, and I fall into the creepy embrace of a pair of strong arms.

Gray's POV

"Natsu! C'mon flame for brains I'm sorry for what I said." I call entering the same forest he did. "Hey Gray? Do you think he's okay?" Happy asks his white wings flapping. "Of course pal, he's fine. Just got lost I bet." I joke making him smile.  Unfortunately, I wasn't so sure Natsu was lost, or okay for that matter because within the forest a lingering blue mist lurked amongst the leaves.

"Shit this can't be good! Happy you do know what that mist is don't you?" Spoke Gray, his hand pushing his hair back in frustration. "Yeah its consciousness mist, which means that someone has got to Natsu before us!" Replied happy flying ahead to see if he could spot his fiery friend.

Hours had passed, and we had yet to find any clues as to Natsu's whereabouts. Aimlessly checking behind every tree, we eventually came to a clearing that looked out onto a lake. There on the edge of the riverbed laid Phoenix with an oozing gash on her forehead. "Phoenix are you alright? Can you hear me?" I shout trying to wake her up. Eventually, a soft groan escapes her lips and her eyes flutter open. "Gray my head hurts and I want to go home." Whimpers Phoenix clinging to my shirt while drifting in and out of consciousness. Carefully, I hoist her onto my back and begin to carry a sleeping dragon slayer on my back, towards the guildhall.

Arriving at the guild, I lay Phoenix down on the floor signalling over to Wendy to help her. "What happened Gray?" Wendy asked me while healing Phoenix with her magic. "Some personal stuff that should be told to you by either Natsu or Phoenix. They both ran off and I found Phoenix laid next to the river in this state!" I replied hesitantly sure to not tell anyone else their secret.

After several long enduring minutes, Phoenix was fully healed and she was sat upright in the middle of the guildhall. "Phoenix when you ran off did you see Natsu at all or anything strange happening in the forest?" I asked stroking a lock of her black hair behind her ear. "I didn't see Natsu but when I passed by the forest I noticed a group of people and  a lot of smoke!" Muttered Phoenix unsure of where to look from the mention of her 'brothers' name.

"We saw smoke too. Do you know where it will have come from?" Happy asks. Phoenix only shakes her head regretfully. "I'm sorry happy but I don't. The only one I can think of is Ichya of Blue Pegasus, but to be fair his perfumes smell A LOT better than the ones in the forest!" She shudders. Just the thought of the man from the other guild obviously made her skin crawl. Carefully, she lifts up her head to look at me and it's then I can see the tears of pain and regret in her eyes.

"Hey now don't cry. We'll find him I promise." I assure her, my hand cradling her cheek. "I just feel bad for what I said. Brother or not, he's still family to me and I need to apologise to him." She whispers, not meeting my gaze. "And when we find him you can. Didn't Natsu ever teach you that it's not good to mess with Fairytail? Well these guys have and they're going to pay for it!" I shoot back making sure to fill my voice with confidence. "Yeah he did. C'mon Gray, Happy. Let's go get our Natsu back!" She exclaims getting to her feet. "Aye sir!" Screamed happy flying in a loop towards the door.