.129.

Castiel walked up the long stairway sighing as he went to the guest room; dans room.

"Dan?.." Castiel knocked on the door and entered to see dan already laying in bed. He walked over to dan and sat down on the bed. "Am i adopted?" Dan asked turned away from his father.

"W-what? Who said t-that?" Castiel stuttered leaning to dan a little bit. "The kids and teachers at school say you cant have two dads, and said i was adopted." He replied looking down at his hands. Castiel looked around as he thought of an excuse, but didn't think of any.

Besides, Dan was going to find out anyway.

Castiel gulped ready for the tears to flow. "Dan.. Yes you are.. Adopted.." Cas started placing a hand on his sons shoulder. "..but that doesn't mean your not different." He finished smiling faintly.

Dan stayed quiet as he nodded sadly. "Did my parents not love me?" He looked up at castiel and blinked his hazel brown eyes. "Honey.. I-I cant answer that but.." Cas sighed removing his hand from dans shoulder. "Just know that we love you, and your special to us. Were your real family." Cas explained pulling dan into a small hug.

"You wont un-adopt me right?" Dan whispered into Castiels shirt as he pulled away. "Are you kidding me!" Castiel exclaimed smiling brightly. "Dad and I would never un-adopt you, theres no one else like you, your special." He smiled proudly. "Promise?" Dan asked with a small smile. "I pinky swear." Cas replied putting his pinky out to his son.

He was glad this didn't end in tears.

Dan giggled before taking his small pinky into Castiels and shaking it playfully. "Alright kiddo get in.." Castiel smiled lifting the blue covers for dan.

Dan giggled again and scurried under the covers as castiel tucked him in. "Can you sing for me dad?" Dan asked poking his head out of the sheets with a smile. Castiel nodded ruffling dans curly hair as he hummed the tone.

"Let's go in the garden
You'll find something waiting
Right there where you left it
Lying upside down
When you finally find it
You'll see how it's faded
The underside is lighter
When you turn it around
Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
But it still changes
Ever so slightly
Daily and nightly
In little ways
When everything stays"

Cas hummed the rest of the cords as he saw dans eyes flutter closed tiredly. He smiled, still humming he tone, as he leaned over a kissed dans forehead.

"Goodnight my little bumble bee."