Chapter 4

Anna's POV

I worked harder than I normally did. Yeah last night was great. The problem was that it wasn't just great, it was really great. I wanted to forget everything that happened. But I had to work harder to do that cause any time I had nothing to do. He finds a way to get in my mind even though he wasn't really here. What was going on with me?

"Slow down swiftie" Kat said "or you're gonna get sick from being overactive"

I gave her a 'really?' look

"Just because you had a connection with him doesn't mean its a bad thing"

"It didn't feel bad yesterday but when I woke up today it felt so wrong"

"When you're tired you just live life like it is but when you're wide awake and active you become very cautious of life. Because you had fun with Mr. Hot yesterday doesn't mean you should forget it"

I looked at her "Mr. Hot?"

"Yea. You know, he's good looking and attractive and..." she said, guilty

I smiled.

"...oh just forget it"

I laughed at her, she laughed too.

"Oh My God!" She said looking behind me

"What?"

"Turn around slowly"

I turned slowly and there he stood looking at me. I turned back to Kat.

"Mr. Hot" she smiled

I giggled. She went to the back and left me to tend to 'Mr. Hot'
I turned back to a smiling Matt.

"Hi" I said

"Mr. Hot?" He asked

God, he heard.

"You heard. Hmm, Kat's like that. She gives people weird names. I'm sorry"

"No, its okay. I like it"

"Of course you do"

He smiled.

"About us doing 'it' again, I was wondering if I could steal you away right now"

"I don't think its a good idea"

He looked confused "Right now? Okay then we could make it..."

"No! I mean I don't think doing 'it' again is a good idea. It was just one date and it was 'really' great but I don't think it'll be good to do it again"

His face was blank.

Matt's POV

What the hell?

Is she serious?

Last night was the best date I'd ever been on and trust me when I tell you I've been on 'a lot' of dates.
She was alright when I dropped her off. What changed since then?

"What's wrong Anna?"

"Nothing" she said "I just think we'd be better off without these dates"

I studied her for a moment

"What are you scared of?"

"No-Nothing." She stammered

I smiled mentally. I just got it. She had a wonderful time last night too but she was scared of the way she felt about it.

I leaned on the counter making us a little closer.

"You're scared that you had a good time, you're frightened that you enjoyed yourself and mostly, you're afraid of the feelings that you have when you're around me" I saw her swallow hard. I hit the nail on the head.