Chapter 9

Matt's POV

She didn't say anything.

She just sat there staring at me blankly. I was scared she was gonna hate me and move out. She meant a lot to me and I wasn't ready to loose her...I don't think I'll ever be ready to loose her. She had a special hold on me which I never wanted any of the female gender to have on me and I loved that she did. She was different in many ways and I never want to see her hurt especially by me.

She was killing me with the stretched silence.

"Anna, say something"

She blinked and sighed
"I don't know what to say" she shook her head

I shifted closer to her
"Yell at me, Hit me, Push me away...Heck! Do something" she was killing me with this suspense

She looked at me with sad eyes
"For how long?"

"Since after our first date"

"What?" She was surprised "We didn't know each other then and you just did it"

"I knew enough to care about you"

"Why didn't you tell me all this time?" Her brows creased in the middle

"Cause I was scared that you'll get mad at me and never want to see me again"

"Yea, that's definitely what I would've done" she looked away "But now..." She looked at me "...I can't, cause I know how much you care" she placed her hand in the side of my face

I closed my eyes at the soft and gentle touch of her hand.

"Thank you Matt" I opened my eyes to a smiling Anna

"You're not mad?"

"How could I ever be mad at the man that cares for me as much as I care about him." She lifted her shoulder "It makes no sense"

For the first time ever, I knew what my parents felt for each other. This might even be more than theirs. The feeling is unexplainable. You have to have felt it once before you can understand. It's like your heart is in two different places at once. Like your having too many emotions at once but two of them are standing out and one of the two beats everything else.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm having too many emotions right now. Indescribable. But two out of all stands out. I'm scared of losing her but I'm happy that she here with me right now. But as I keep looking at her. The first one doesn't matter. The second one is all that matters. All that makes me want to get up in the morning and be happy all day. All that makes me want to make her smile and laugh her incredible laugh and, basically, to see her happy.

I looked at the first and only woman I loved.

Yea, I was in love with Anna Vaughn.

I knew I started falling for her on our first date but I just couldn't admit it to myself. But now, I just had to cause it had built up in me. The emotion was too noticeable to avoid and pretend.

It was a big deal for me cause I never thought I was the kind of guy who could love, this much for that matter.

She looked at me with what also looked like love in her eyes.

I sighed. This was it. She might not have figured her feelings for me, but I have and I wasn't planning on keeping it away from the person that made me feel that way.

"I love you Anna" I put my hand on her which was still on the side of my face

She blinked fast. I guess she thought she was dreaming and this wasn't real. I felt her withdraw. The smile on her face faded. Her expression was blank. Her hands slowly slid from under mine.
"What?"