Chapter 20

"Matt!"

"Anna?! Are you alright?"

"Yea. I think"

"Oh My God" he hugged me so tight "I'm so sorry, this is all my fault. I never should have let you leave"

"It's okay"

"No its not okay, I was cruel and..."

"Matt!" I screamed when one of the goons got up and hit his head with a rod. "Matt!"

"...na, Anna. Anna, wake up. It's a dream."

"Matt!" I woke up screaming. I winced cause of the pain in my head. It hurt like crap.

"Relax. I'm here"

I couldn't see who it was cause my vision was kind of blurry but I'd recognise that voice anywhere.

"Kat?" I whispered

"Yes it's me Anna. You're okay now. You had a concussion" she was reassuring me

"How...?"

"Relax. I'll tell you everything" she held my hand and sat beside me on the bed.

I coughed and my throat ached cause of the dryness.

"Wa..."

"Water?"

I smiled and nodded.

She stretched and picked up a glass with a straw. She helped me sit up a little and put the straw in my mouth.

I drank to my satisfaction before I let go of the straw. She helped me rest back on the bed.

"I'm not disabled you know"

"Yea. You had a concussion...and you were unconscious for two days"

"What?!" I looked at her shocked

"Hey relax" she placed her hand on my shoulder and pushed me back on the bed. "Thank God Jason got there in time, before any of those scoundrels could..." she looked at me and smiled. "Does your head hurt?"

"Only a little" I said as I touched my bandaged head. "Jason was the one that saved me?" I asked

"Yes." She smiled "According to him, he heard someone yelling behind the bar in the alley so he went to check it out and found those scoundrels harrassing you. He dialled 911 before he beat up those..."

"...scoundrels" I said

"Yes. Then you were brought to the hospital and he came to Kat's to tell me what happened"

I smiled "Where is he?" I asked looking round the room for him

"I sent him home. He's been here since that day and he was looking tired and hungry. So I sent him home to freshen up and come see you when he's better" she smiled

I smiled back at her.

Her smile disappeared.
"What happened?" She asked "Jason brought your bags to the cafe. So I didn't know if I was suppose to tell Matt or..."

"No. No. Don't. Don't call Matt. Pleas..."

"Anna, it's okay. I didn't. I won't" she said calming me down.

When I relaxed she continued.
"Do you wanna tell me what happened?"

My eyes watered just thinking about him.
"He just got home and told me to pack my things and leave. I tried to get him to tell me what happened, but he yelled at me to get the heck out of his house. So I did" I swallowed hard "That's what I get for trying to be happy. It's my fault for even trying"