Chapter 2: Marshalls Home Life

Marshall Lee's POV: 

I close the door behind me as I enter the house. Ice Queen, the woman who has raised me since the time she found me wondering the streets, during the war of Aaa, came running into the entrance. "How was your first day?" She asks in her high tone voice.

"I don't want to talk about it." I answer and just try to walk away from her. She doesn't have it and stops me right as I get to my door.

"Marshall, talk to me sweet heart." She pleads. "As your mother I ask you to talk to me and tell me what happened." She states.

"You are my guardian, not my mother, my mother abandoned me during the war." I hiss and try to shove her out of the way.

"Was it those cute Prince's again?" She asks. Whenever she says that, it makes my skin crawl. 

"You are such a pedifile." I state. "Why can't you be into guys your own age?" I ask and escape into my room. I place my backpack on the floor, ignoring my homework and start to strum the strings on my guitar. It's the only thing that allows me to express my feelings. "Sorry I don't treat you like a god. Is that what you want me to do? Sorry I don't treat you like you're perfect, like all your little loyal subjects do? Sorry i'm not made of..." I start to lose the words after that. I always have trouble coming up with something for that part. 

I sit on the floor, thinking how this school year will go. It's just going to be the worst time of my life. I hear Ice Queen knock on my door. "Marshall, will you please come down to eat?" She asks. I shake my head and sigh. 

"I don't eat anything but the color red." I state, annoyed how she keeps forgetting. 

"Why do you have to be like this?" She asks. 

"Like what?" I ask back, annoyed. 

"Alone." She answers. "You were never this way when I found you." She states.

"Then you don't remember what really happened back then." I hiss. 

"But I do remember." She argues. "I remember finding you all alone in the streets, you were crying." She starts up.

"Don't." I try to stop her. But there is no use, she continues.

"You were crying out for your mother." She adds. "When I found you, you were a small boy, carrying a small little stuffed animal." I look to my bed and there he is, torn up, and a faded blue. "You held on to that thing for dear life." She states. "You asked me right away, if I would help you find your mother. I agreed and picked you up. Ever since then, I have been raising you, unable to find your mother, but able to raise you as my own. Even when I let my powers take over." She explains.

"Just stop." I ask. 

"Marshall Lee, I remember when I told you that your mother is no where to be found." She continues. "You ran away for a year. It scared me, I looked everywhere for you, and when I found you again, you weren't so little anymore, you had grown, but you still held on to that little doll of yours." She explains. "I had asked you where you have been and the only thing you told me was,-"

"Looking for my mother to prove you wrong." I finish for her. 

"That's right." She replies. "And then you weeped and weeped when you couldn't prove me wrong. You were so determined to find her. But after awhile you had given up on looking." 

"Because she never wanted me in the first place." I state. 

"Marshall, that can't be it. You know it and I know it." She argues with me. I shake my head, as if she can see me do it. 

"If she wanted me, she would be here." I point out. 

"That's what you said when you finally stopped looking for her." She replies. "You then changed from a hopeful child to what you are now, just someone I don't recognize." She comments. It's silent between us for a long moment. I hear her clear her throat and she speaks again. "Do you remember when I found out that you only eat the colour red?" She asks.

"You panicked." I reply, with a slight chuckle. 

"Yes, I did." She replies back with a slight laugh. "I didn't know what I was going to do with you. But we managed, did we not?" She states.

"We did." I reply right back. 

"So please, tell me what happened at school." She asks. 

I sigh, in defeat, and open the door, looking her in the eyes. "Flame Prince and Prince Gumball." I state.

"What did those boys do to you?" She asks.

"What else? Stare and mocked me the whole time." I answer and just look away from her. "That's all they do, besides try and ruin my life. I was just in the music room, trying to be by myself but Gumwad decides to stare at me like i'm some animal in the zoo. Then Flame Prince decides to show up and start things. He did that the whole day, which now everyone in the High School hates me and judges me now." I state.

"Do I need to go speak with the Principle?" She asks. I shake my head. 

"No, i'll just deal with it. I did it through Elementary and Middle School. Why is High School any different?" I respond. She looks at me, I can tell she is not believing me. 

"Marshall, if you feel the need to come and be homeschooled you will tell me right?" She asks. I nod in understanding, but I don't want to be seen as the kid who runs away from those stupid Prince's. "Alright, well come down and let's find something for you to eat." She tries to change the subject. 

"I'm actually not hungry. But thanks." I reply and close the door before she can say anything else. I sit on my bed and pull out a picture of her and I, when I was a child, during the Land Of Aaa war. Still not knowing of why my own mother would just leave me in there and never come back for me. I start to wonder what would happen if I were to have never met the Ice Queen and went looking for my mother on my own, or if I actually was never left by my mother. All the possibilities rushing through my mind. What Ice Queen doesn't know is that I still want to find my actually mother, and ask her why she didn't want me and left me to fend for myself.